Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently took off my x pipe off my 01bullitt because am about to take it in for smog check next week I put on the stock h-pipe also because I had to sell my x-pipe for speeding ticket , I did feel a diference of power lost and also noise, now even thoe I have magnaflows it feels sow smooth like if I was driving a crownvic, at idle it also sounds like a crownvic, would it be because I left on the mill iliminators that I made from a wedd page I saw the instructions on how mikesfordmustang, the car is sow smooth that is giving me good miliage probebly 30in the highway and 20 in the street? could it be because off the o2s reading of the mills iliminators whit stock cats? sow the reading is good/perfect

·
Registered
262 Posts
No it's because the stock mid pipe makes the car sound like a crown Vic. Remember because they shared the same engines they will sound the same with stock exhaust (or with magnaflows in your case).

·
Banned
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah that's right, but its giving me really good miliage I belive the reading of the o2 whit the mill iliminators is quite diferent than whit just running o2s whitout mills iliminators

·
Registered
262 Posts
I think what the MIL Eliminators do is tell the computer that the cats are there, but as if they're brand new and more free-flowing. Idk but I believe you're right in saying that with the MIL Eliminators it's giving the car a different reading that's resulting in better mileage.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
yeah that's right, but its giving me really good miliage I belive the reading of the o2 whit the mill iliminators is quite diferent than whit just running o2s whitout mills iliminators
If anything, I would assume the o2 sensors being eliminated would cause a slight loss in mpg because the engine cannot constantly check and recheck the A/F mixture for optimal rating. Just my thoughts..

·
Banned
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fill the thank up on wedsday before I left to work at night reset my trip miliage, I drive from lynwood ca to north hollywood ca driving around 27miles going and another 27back in the morning that's 53 to 55 another 10 in the day time when I go pick up my kid and to walmart and stuff sow put it 65 a day regular driving not slaming on the gas just cuz the other driver pulls up to your left trying to race you in someting not worth waisting my gas sow total miles driven since weds night is around 320 and am verly on my last 1/4 , I could probebly do another 50 maybe getting 400 miles a tank (f#$% hybrids) I fill it al the way till it spill out the top 3.89premium x13gallons it used, ill fill it up tomorro night take a pic of start and see how much till next fill up,

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
fill the thank up on wedsday before I left to work at night reset my trip miliage, I drive from lynwood ca to north hollywood ca driving around 27miles going and another 27back in the morning that's 53 to 55 another 10 in the day time when I go pick up my kid and to walmart and stuff sow put it 65 a day regular driving not slaming on the gas just cuz the other driver pulls up to your left trying to race you in someting not worth waisting my gas sow total miles driven since weds night is around 320 and am verly on my last 1/4 , I could probebly do another 50 maybe getting 400 miles a tank (f#$% hybrids) I fill it al the way till it spill out the top 3.89premium x13gallons it used, ill fill it up tomorro night take a pic of start and see how much till next fill up,
Well dang.. I get around 250miles per tank... Guess I don't drive as "conservatively" as I think I do. Haha

·
Banned
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
if I get alittle crazy or if am stress out or what ever am feeling I waist fulltank in two days that would be like $100 in 5 to 6 days, but right now I been driving smooth relax like when am driving alone and someother guy tees me I don't even tell him s#$%% why waist my gas my money or my license on a tham si or stock hemis I ratter have gas on my tank sow just drive relax, also probebly the 87tune from my diablo is helping out but still pumping 91every fill up but will see these week how long and how many miles I can get of these bullitt

1 - 8 of 8 Posts