Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Why do you need snap or MAC tools? I have some of each along with Craftsman. Given I have never broke a snap-on or mac tool, I would not buy them. Craftsmans are lifetime guaranteed. I even had some that were just rusty and they even exchanged those!

-Smoke

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea but even ebay gets expensive.

We have a snap on tool truck come in once in a while.
But iam never around for it. But i've been looking on ebay for them.
But even used ratchets and **** go for like 60 bucks. Its insane.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I have heard that those good tools sold at Lowes are snapon with a different name, but they don't have a lot of variety, and even they aren't cheap, also don't have the snap on name, forget what they are called.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Craftsman are great, But Snap on is a great tool as well.. I really dont nkow differences in how they are made, but most pro mechanics, tell me Craftsman sucks and to only buy Snap on

I wish i knew why...

But i bought a 1000 piece craftsman tool/technition set and a professional box from our tech program for cheap, that and i still buy tools, get some around the shop... get some free... i have so much tools... and all i want is.... more tools... lol iam a tool junkie.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
You can never have too many tools. muhhahaha :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Snap on should last a lot longer, look what you have to pay for them. The snap on truck guys run charge accounts for all the guys on their trucks, this is the only way they can manage to buy that stuff, same with Mac. Craftsman stands behind their tools as well as any brand on the market, you really don't know what you are getting, Sears makes nothing, they buy from the lowest bidder, sort of like the government.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Not really it just happened that most of my tools are Craftsman. I personally would buy S&K tools over any on the market.
You gotta know I live wayyyyyyyyyyy out in the boonies and when my tool collection was in its infancy there was no internet. The snap-on or Mac truck had never heard of any town within 100 miles of me. We had a Sears that was like 45mins away. I wanted to work on autos so I bought what was available at the time. Over the years Ive purchased speciality parts in diff brands but Sears still sees me when its time to replace a well worn part from the Craftsman line.
They arent the best but with a lifetime warranty and the price of them the home/yard mechanic cant beat the deal. OK enough rambling. Ill shud up now :p

1 - 20 of 33 Posts