Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its time to get a better clutch and replace the flywheel. Its a daily, and i baby her on occasion. What do you suggest as far as the best clutch and flywheel combo?

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
I'm running spec 3+ with factory flywheel.

Go with a twin disk setup for best driveability and comfort

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
If you're looking for a solid daily driving vehicle I would suggest excedy which what I went with. It's just like oem but better in every aspect. I just had the stock flywheel resurfaced. Check them out at American muscle

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
ToplessCobra said:
That spec 3+ is costly.
Lol. You don't want to see the price of a twin disk then...if you are planning more power you're gonna need a good clutch. Go ahead and upgrade to 26 spline input shaft and mcleod retaining sleeve.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lol. You don't want to see the price of a twin disk then...if you are planning more power you're gonna need a good clutch. Go ahead and upgrade to 26 spline input shaft and mcleod retaining sleeve.
Twin disc... Price... Gud lawd thats alotta money! lol. So u suggest that i change im T45 input shaft to a 26 spline and new sleeve... Now i am totally newbe so school me... Why and where is the best place to buy this all? **i wanna do the job right the first time ya know**

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
I'll be honest and say I thought you had a terminator. For the 01 cobra I don't really know what clutch to recommend.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll be honest and say I thought you had a terminator. For the 01 cobra I don't really know what clutch to recommend.
I only wish i had a terminator. I have the 5spd 4V higher compression engine.

---------- Post added at 08:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 AM ----------

You want a steel flywheel for DD.
Gottcha. So just resurface or replace with another stock one...

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Lol. These guys are going way overboard. A steel flywheel is a little more progressive for dd use so rake your pick on that. Fidanza makes a nice flywheel in both steel and aluminum if you really want an upgrade. Odds are your stock one can be resurfaced (available on AM.) as for clutch, i would look at the excedy mach 400. Good stock feel, better gripping power. I personally have always been disappointed with spec products. I always recommend getting the ford racing TOB pilot bearing and upgraded shift fork. If you're near stock power your input shaft is fine.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok, so im keeping the stock flywheel. Im not replacing the input shaft but i may replace the bearing. I have a OE fork and pivot ball already aside.

So far i hear Spec and Excedy... Any opinions on Ram... Centerforce... ACT... or even any tested Ebay brands. **i know ebay is well ebay but somethings just work out**

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
The centre force clutches are great but they are more expensive for what you really get. They grab really hard at high rpm and are easier at low rpm thanks to their centrifugal weight system. For a dd I would stick to a traditional clutch like the excedy. You have to replace the throw out bearing when you do the clutch. It's the only thing I don't like about the excedy stuff. It's a cheap tob. Pop for the ford racing one.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The centre force clutches are great but they are more expensive for what you really get. They grab really hard at high rpm and are easier at low rpm thanks to their centrifugal weight system. For a dd I would stick to a traditional clutch like the excedy. You have to replace the throw out bearing when you do the clutch. It's the only thing I don't like about the excedy stuff. It's a cheap tob. Pop for the ford racing one.
Thanks. I totally will take the advice.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts