Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hearing that with 4.10s at the end of 4th gear is like 110mph. When you shift to 5th do you still pull hard or is it slow motion? I have a stock 00 gt.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Jheard517 said:
I'm hearing that with 4.10s at the end of 4th gear is like 110mph. When you shift to 5th do you still pull hard or is it slow motion? I have a stock 00 gt.
My 4th gear tops out at about 105 with 4.10s. It feels like it still pulls to me in 5th gear. I don't do it very often or feel the need to do so. Are you thinking about doing a gear swap?

·
Registered
991 Posts
5th is your overdrive as where 4th is your direct drive.. don't expect it to pull as hard as 4th will. Good news there is you won't trap 110 in the 1/4 so no need to pull in 5th.

·
Registered
483 Posts
AgentOrange said:
5th is your overdrive as where 4th is your direct drive.. don't expect it to pull as hard as 4th will. Good news there is you won't trap 110 in the 1/4 so no need to pull in 5th.
^this. I am topping out 4th in the 1/4. I won't need 5th in the 1/4 unless I add a bit more hp.

·
Registered
483 Posts
AgentOrange said:
I'd have to add another hundred hp to need 5th in a 1/4 lol!
Yeah I won't need it unless I slap on a supercharger. And If I were to do that, I would consider another gear swap. Maybe 3.90s or 3.73s.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm talking about untrack related stuff. Like starting at about 70mph. If you know what I mean.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Jheard517 said:
I'm talking about untrack related stuff. Like starting at about 70mph. If you know what I mean.
The mods here won't go for this very long and for good reason, but if you want some advice; your car is better suited to running from a dig, at a prepped track. Without a turbo or a blower our cars just don't pull hard enough on the top end. Can't help but mention how pointlessly dangerous and costly such ventures are.

·
Lorraine's driver
8,196 Posts
Not really sure what you mean?:confused: The track is really the only place to safely exceed the speed limit anyway. Did you know Mustang Evolution has rules against street racing discussions on the forums?

·
Registered
598 Posts
He's talking about driving on the autobahn... lmao

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Your car doesn't have enough power to pull through 5th quickly at all. Gears are not gonna help you.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts