Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can I gain more top end?
What are some good moods that will help me?

2001GT slow_2V

·
Super Moderator
17,861 Posts
There is not much you can bolt on to get more power out of the 4.6L engine wise. Exhaust and gears and then work on suspension and driveline mods. You will need major engine work and/or a power adder to hang with the newer cars.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My car hangs with some newer cars . I have 3 inch exhaust .x pipe, slp loud mouth, upper control arms, shocks,springs, tires, plenum, throttle body, cold air, and a tuner ... I do great on digs it's the rolls that
Kill me...

2001GT slow_2V

·
Super Moderator
17,861 Posts
My car hangs with some newer cars . I have 3 inch exhaust .x pipe, slp loud mouth, upper control arms, shocks,springs, tires, plenum, throttle body, cold air, and a tuner ... I do great on digs it's the rolls that
Kill me...

2001GT slow_2V
When I say newer cars I mean the Coyotes and that group. You might be able to stick close to a base one but one with a basic exhaust and tune will push in your butthole.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I thought you meant other cars not 5.0s haha I only hang for like 4 secs and then they pull way hard!!! Haha
But that's only cause they spin tires more than I do ha

2001GT slow_2V

·
Super Moderator
17,861 Posts
Probably a turbo.

2004 Mustang GT 5 Speed
Full Bolt Ons
385rwhp 450rwtq
12.1 @ 117.9
Even with a power adder a stock 4.6L will have issues simply due to the low redline. I'm not under any illusions that my car when done at 425-450 will be able to hang with a bolt on/tune Coyote. I will probably surprise the **** out of a few tho.

·
ME Bloodhound
14,697 Posts
Even with a power adder a stock 4.6L will have issues simply due to the low redline. I'm not under any illusions that my car when done at 425-450 will be able to hang with a bolt on/tune Coyote. I will probably surprise the **** out of a few tho.
Swap in a coyote. Beat them with less power hahaha.

·
Registered
328 Posts

Thats what a cam/valve spring change is for 😉 and my car i pull on the newer coyotes cuz stockers rwhp is around 380 which is very slightly lower then mine not to mention heavier... I dont blow there doors off but i do pull the whole time after first, my tires not awsome so first spins bad dam near useless atm ( rear tires have about 2/32 left)

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Super Moderator
17,861 Posts
Yeah talking about a stock rod motor. A full stroker build with power adder and the mods to properly support it plus the cost of the car is getting into the $20k range...

Sent from my LG-D801 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
2 Valves are not very good top end cars unless you want to open up the motor and forge at least pistons and rods and go for ~600rwhp on a power adder limiting the crankshaft... The only thing amazing on these cars is the torque that comes with it. Want more hp than torque and more top end? Then buy a 4v. 2 valves are good for dig racing, not so good for roll racing or top end for the most part. 4v's are good at Dig racing and good for rolls. (& more top end). Or buy an LS motor or LS car.

2004 Mustang GT 5 Speed
Full Bolt Ons
370rwhp 470rwtq
12.1 @ 117.9

·
Registered
1,058 Posts

There is no doubt that you can surprise a few especially if you have it setup right and get 100% of your power to the street. It's a lot easier to rip and grip than to back pedal. I've seen a 2v embarrass a GT 500 off the line before.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
There is not much you can bolt on to get more power out of the 4.6L engine wise. Exhaust and gears and then work on suspension and driveline mods. You will need major engine work and/or a power adder to hang with the newer cars.

For the most part, but on the right setup you can. From where I'm from there are two full bolt on 5.0's a 2014 and a 2015 both full exhaust, intake, clutches, ghost cam, Lund tuned, stock heads, 2014 was running 10.0 at my track with drag radials and driver mod, which is what I run, and the '15 is running 10.2 @ like 104. I think I'm trapping a faster mph at 107.. I'm also Stock motor stock intake. Beat another bolt on 5.0 at another track. All ya need is an extra 125rwhp.

2004 Mustang GT 5 Speed
Full Bolt Ons
370rwhp 470rwtq
12.1 @ 117.9

1 - 18 of 18 Posts