Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have not heard of this terminology in quite a while. In the past Marvel Mystery Oil or Bardahl were added to the fuel to achieve this. Marvel may still say this on the bottle.
Back in 70 or so, I knew an automotive engineer that used STP for this but I cringed as it was thick as elephant snot!
I do believe that an occasional or frequent use of MMO is beneficial. It has been good by me.

·
Premium Member
6,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
manicrodder said:
I have not heard of this terminology in quite a while. In the past Marvel Mystery Oil or Bardahl were added to the fuel to achieve this. Marvel may still say this on the bottle.
Back in 70 or so, I knew an automotive engineer that used STP for this but I cringed as it was thick as elephant snot!
I do believe that an occasional or frequent use of MMO is beneficial. It has been good by me.
Sorry, I should've said the convertible top. Haha my brain wasn't even thinking

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Is it possible to lube the top motor? And would anyone know how to do it?
Convertible top motor?

Or the top of your engine?

Using MMO in your fuel will lube the top of your engine.
The top being the valves and anything your fuel runs through.

·
Premium Member
6,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Trojan Horse said:
Convertible top motor?

Or the top of your engine?

Using MMO in your fuel will lube the top of your engine.
The top being the valves and anything your fuel runs through.
Convertible top motor.

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Convertible top motor.
I doubt there is any way to lube the motor itself.
If it is not a ball bearing motor, it probably uses self lubricating bushings and they may be worn out.
I'd try to find an exploded view of the motor and see what it uses for sure. :good:

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Ok I found out from a Ford tech in training that there is a way. Once I get to it I'll post the steps.
:cool: I'd like to see that. :good:

·
Banned
8,779 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)

·
Lorraine's driver
8,196 Posts
I suppose it is alright. I have used it on a few engines over the years, but I never saw any "miraculous" results.
If it does as it says (minus the miracle), its perfect for the 4.6L. You can hear all the clicking action going on in there. Does Lucas make something like this?

·
Registered
86 Posts
It does what it says it will do by my experience. It probably is not as dramatic in synthetic oil as conventional but a great fuel additive none the less. Why not replace your fuel injector cleaner with MMO next time and see for yourself?

·
Lorraine's driver
8,196 Posts
It does what it says it will do by my experience. It probably is not as dramatic in synthetic oil as conventional but a great fuel additive none the less. Why not replace your fuel injector cleaner with MMO next time and see for yourself?
I'm seriously thinking about it. Right now, I put in Lucas injector cleaner about once a month. I think I'll give MMO a try.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts