Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a little concerned, I just ordered 4.10 gears, Tlok, & a F2 Fordchip.
But I have been reading a few threads that have been stating. If you are running 4.10 gears with a Tlok and chip my top speed is only going to be is 75 MPH. Is this true? or Are these other people just clueless. Because if my top speed is only going to be 75 MPH I just might keep my stock gears and save $1000 dollars. Need some INPUT... Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
is your stang auto or manual? what other mods do you have?

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
That is a load of horse pucky. If you get the F-2 chip to remove the speed limiter and raise the rpm limiter and is correcting the speedo, your top speed will be well whatever the engine is capable of. I would imagine above 120. I have a 98 with 3.73's and I bury the speedo at will

·
Registered
941 Posts
You have to realize that you'll be running your engine hard if you are going highway and up speeds, and it'll wear on it if you constantly do 85mph+. I have 4.10's in a 5 spd and cruise at a max speed of 68-70 mph @ 2,500 rpms because I get the best gas mileage that way.

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
i get 23 mpg running my 4.10s on the highway in 4th gear at 3000 rpms... kinda impressive :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
My 94 would hit 110, 115 easily, I never tried to push it higher, but it would have done more than what was on the speedo, it was a modified 3.8 with 4.10s, superchip, etc, etc, etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts