Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The top on my 2005 Mustang quit going down. First, the rear passenger window motor died (slow death over a few years), and would not go down. I knew that would stop the top from working, and I replaced it. Now it works fine, but nothing happens after the windows go down. When I press the top down button, the windows all go down, but then nothing happens. Even the relays in the engine fuse box do not click (bought a new one to make sure they were not bad). I also filled up the hydraulic fluid, but the relays don't click and the pump never tried to come on. Could it be thee windows down sensors? How do I troubleshoot those?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you checked the fuses?
I have checked fuses and relays. I used the power on/off window sequence to reset the windows. I disconnected the battery for about 45 min to reset things. Nothing. Windows go down, I hear a click from the base of each rear window after they go down (and again at 10 second intervals if I keep pressing), but the relays in the fuse box never click and the pump/motor never tries to operate.

I am beginning to wonder if it is the Smart Junction Box. Was going to pull it and look for any bad fuses (no convertible top fuses there) or water damage on the connectors. Any thoughts on that? I only see a few rare references to that as the cause of top not going down, but I think my switch is good and it simply never progresses to the next step of sending power to relays and on to the motor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts