Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so. as the title says, i'm torn in between gloss black and matte black.
I'm going to paint everything eventually.
should i keep my reverse c stripes matte or paint them gloss black?
I'm also going to end up painting the roof and most of the hood. the decklid is already painted gloss

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
so. as the title says, i'm torn in between gloss black and matte black.
I'm going to paint everything eventually.
should i keep my reverse c stripes matte or paint them gloss black?
I'm also going to end up painting the roof and most of the hood. the decklid is already painted gloss
Bro, you get everything else gloss. Get the gloss. I liked matte but it take a skilled painted to do matte correctly. If I can meet you sometime Id be glad to show you lol

·
Registered
809 Posts
I think your best bet is gloss. matte clear is a little more expensive and as pointed out it takes more skill to spray. I also think you can buy a gloss black vinyl for you roof, that would probably be the cheaper way to go. Only downside to gloss black is it is hard to keep clean and you need to be careful of what you use to wax it because clear coat scratches jump out on black.

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think your best bet is gloss. matte clear is a little more expensive and as pointed out it takes more skill to spray. I also think you can buy a gloss black vinyl for you roof, that would probably be the cheaper way to go. Only downside to gloss black is it is hard to keep clean and you need to be careful of what you use to wax it because clear coat scratches jump out on black.
I'm learning that
But my paint shop and vinyl shop are like this

Te paint shop wants 400 for stripes and 300 for roof

The vinyl shop wants 250 for stripes and 300 for roof

If 150 is the price difference, I'd rather go paint

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Oh Lord tell me about it. From rock chips to a cat, it shows but if you wash it enough and detail it like you should, it'll look still new minus the scratches.

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And from what I've noticed

The matte vinyl appears extremely scratched under certain light.

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
And from what I've noticed

The matte vinyl appears extremely scratched under certain light.
That's how my moms stripes Are. With gloss you can make it shine and hide alot. So I take we will be twins lol

·
Registered
3,463 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
yea. like 12 years...
and it's annoying to wax around the stripes. i've got like a wax outline...

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 PM ----------

picture of what?
I wanted I see what the matte c stripes looked like

1 - 20 of 27 Posts