Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do these things actually serve any meaning? Claims 10hp gain. Driving a 97 GT with a K&N CAI and Borla mufflers. About the only mods so far in the engine. SCT tuner ordered from AM and awaiting its delivery here in Japan.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. Wanting to add power but not ready to go turbo or supercharger quite yet. Japan's inspections are a real pain.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
The concept of the product is nice but not worth it im sure it more than anything restricts the air flow and possible fan piece goin into the motor would be bad juju. I was thinkin of fabbin a type of blower fan for an intake but havent gotten around to doin it. Was thinkin ball bearing propeller no motor just as the motor sucks in air the fan would spin from the force of it and possibly multiply the air flow ..... once again havent fully blueprinted out a design on it but would be nice though not sure of effectiveness. Ideas of a lost soul lol

·
Registered
916 Posts
Ya that's definitely a scam. Stay away from it!

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
The concept of the product is nice but not worth it im sure it more than anything restricts the air flow and possible fan piece goin into the motor would be bad juju. I was thinkin of fabbin a type of blower fan for an intake but havent gotten around to doin it. Was thinkin ball bearing propeller no motor just as the motor sucks in air the fan would spin from the force of it and possibly multiply the air flow ..... once again havent fully blueprinted out a design on it but would be nice though not sure of effectiveness. Ideas of a lost soul lol
Spinning the fan blade via the air flow into the engine will consume power, power that will come from the kinetic energy of the air mass being pulled into the engine. Thus requiring the engine to use more of its energy to pull in the air and reducing the density of that incoming air in the bargain--not good.

Additionally the area of the fan blades, whether spinning or not, will reduce the sectional area of the intake further restricting air flow to the engine--once again not a good thing.

It would most definitely not "...multiply the air flow". There is no free lunch, especially in mechanics and physics...

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Spinning the fan blade via the air flow into the engine will consume power, power that will come from the kinetic energy of the air mass being pulled into the engine. Thus requiring the engine to use more of its energy to pull in the air and reducing the density of that incoming air in the bargain--not good.

Additionally the area of the fan blades, whether spinning or not, will reduce the sectional area of the intake further restricting air flow to the engine--once again not a good thing.

It would most definitely not "...multiply the air flow". There is no free lunch, especially in mechanics and physics...
Ah ok so bad idea in general ok well there goes that idea lol

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Someone actually did a test with that and lost HP. It was posted bout month ago. The guys put 2 air blowers on car too, maybe someone can dig it up.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Google "electric supercharger", it's the second hit...

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just watched a uTube video titled Electric Supercharger that showed dyno loss. The video was worth the entertainment value alone.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'll do some research into a PI swap then. I've ordered 4.10 gears and SCT Bama tuner already. Trying to find a 28spline limited slip differential so when I open up the back end I can everything at once. Thanks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts