·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok had my torque converter installed ... Got to the track first run was
1.897 for the 60ft
.045 r/t
105.7 top speed

After that time went to crap :( .... What coul cause that ?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Funny thing is the first run I drive 45 min and ran when I first got there ... After that I do hr cool down times

·
Registered
915 Posts
My best runs are usually my first one or two lol, what converter you running ?

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
Pony up said:
Funny thing is the first run I drive 45 min and ran when I first got there ... After that I do hr cool down times
That is strange.. I assume your at normal operating temps when you make the other passes?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
deadsp0t said:
That is strange.. I assume your at normal operating temps when you make the other passes?
Yeah
It's weird no one at the track could understand it so after I drove my husband drove it to rule out the driver lmao did same for him ....

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
Pony up said:
Yeah
It's weird no one at the track could understand it so after I drove my husband drove it to rule out the driver lmao did same for him ....
To trouble shoot it, try making a few passes back to back and see if it acts any different.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
deadsp0t said:
To trouble shoot it, try making a few passes back to back and see if it acts any different.
Yeah prob go tonight in the mean time I am gonna put it on a diagnostic transmission machine.... Don't really wanna run it hard if it the tranny .....

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
Pony up said:
Yeah prob go tonight in the mean time I am gonna put it on a diagnostic transmission machine.... Don't really wanna run it hard if it the tranny .....
Smart. Good idea! :good:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well took her to the shop and my uncle who owns it said she runs strong!! Transmission shifts perfect ..... Don't understand it :(
Before the converter I ran a 13.1 but stayed around 13.4 or better 60 ft stayed Around 2.1 something got it to a 1.9 once and my top speed was 104 or higher 106 the highest

Friday night first time I ran her with the converter she ran
With 10 min cool down time
Then after I ran her first she got 1 hr cool down time after each run with ice on motor and CAI tube

Then

I was told with the converter I should have with no problem getting in the 12s my mods are
JLT CAI
Performance torque converter
TUNER
410 gears
X pipe
And it's an 08 GT auto

Couple ppl at the track can't understand it either :(
Oh and some how I ran that 13.1 after I had been racing all night and maybe 20 cool down time

·
Registered
787 Posts
Some torque converters have a peak performance heat temp.. I would suggest not letting it cool down, as bad as it sounds for the tranny and motor. On my evo i ran the worst times when my engine was cooled down for too long

·
Registered
915 Posts
What size stall is the new converter? .

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
That's weird, I shaved .7 when I installed my edge racing 3500 converter

Are you flashing it, like just stabbing the gas? Or revving it to the point just b4 the tires break loose?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
That's weird, I shaved .7 when I installed my edge racing 3500 converter

Are you flashing it, like just stabbing the gas? Or revving it to the point just b4 the tires break loose?
.7 in 1/4 mile?

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Went from 14.9-15.2s to 14.1-14.4s after my stall

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
got it.... guessing it was my pcm .... had to change it and ran last night ... ran 12.6 lol yayyyy

1 - 19 of 19 Posts