Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wanting to buy a torque converter for my 01 mustang but I'm not sure if it would be good for my trans since I have 112,000 miles on it.
It wont be my dd, I bracket race on the weekends and I will have a trailer for it, just wondering if the trans will hold up.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I was wanting to buy a torque converter for my 01 mustang but I'm not sure if it would be good for my trans since I have 112,000 miles on it.
It wont be my dd, I bracket race on the weekends and I will have a trailer for it, just wondering if the trans will hold up.
The 4R70w is a great transmission. I would not worry about it and when its out service it and do a custom valve body.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mzilla said:
The 4R70w is a great transmission. I would not worry about it and when its out service it and do a custom valve body.
Ok thank you, I saw that am has a tci converter and shift kit I was probably gonna buy that, how is tci?

·
Registered
598 Posts
I use precision industries 3500 and have not had one issue great quality. They also will make one free adjustment If needed

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mzilla said:
I use precision industries 3500 and have not had one issue great quality. They also will make one free adjustment If needed
Thank you for the info, I was thinking 3200 stall, did it pick your car up a lot?

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Just do a jmod

·
Registered
598 Posts
Also if you have a tuner or have someone to custom tune you can boost line pressures and firm up the shifts. I had installed a custom valve body, removed the wave plates, an added additional disc to mine to firm up the 2nd to 3rd shift. I have a 4R74W which came in the 04 mustangs. I also added a TCI deep sump pan to help keeps temps down from the stall convertor.

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
Also if you have a tuner or have someone to custom tune you can boost line pressures and firm up the shifts. I had installed a custom valve body, removed the wave plates, an added additional disc to mine to firm up the 2nd to 3rd shift. I have a 4R74W which came in the 04 mustangs. I also added a TCI deep sump pan to help keeps temps down from the stall convertor.
Meaning a lot more chirping under hard acceleration :p

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
+1 I got a 3000 Stall from PTC in AL and I love it!

I would def get the deep sump pan or the trans cooler with the fan that you can get one AM.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts