Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i have an 05 gt and it had stock exhaust so i went on craigslist found a guy selling pypes street pro axleback for 80 dollars. He said he was selling b.c it was too loud so i bought it. I listened to clips of the exhaust on youtube and found a few on my car sounding real nice so i bought them put them on and they are barely louder then stock. Totally disapointing. If i take the cats out i kno itll be louder but how much being these mufflers are quiet. Should i sell the axleback or do you guys think once the cats are out itll be loud enough?

·
Registered
179 Posts
I think it will be to loud. If you had the stock exhaust on and removed the cats itbprob wouldnt be as loud. But your going to be louder than the trucks that are thraight piped.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Yea axelback a can only do so much. Removing the cats will make it 2 or 3 times louder but it won't sound as good..

·
Registered
922 Posts
DO IT. TAKE THEM OFF. :) Go to YouTube and search 98 mustang gt Pypes exhaust and look for a 98 White gt with a saleen Wong on the back. That's my old car with no cats and Pypes exhaust. I loved it.

·
Loc: Austin,TX
5,980 Posts
I don't see how that is getting ripped. It's always a gamble buying something like exhaust unless you hear it in person. Good thing is you got them at a pretty decent price so you can throw them right back on CL for sale or trade. Post them up on a local forum and you might get some trade offers.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Yea to get is started but I will not do business w/o speaking w a person at least via phone... you can tell a lot about a person by the way they carry themselves through out a phone conversation... if you end up sounding like joker from the dark night I will not go through w the trade lol

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Silversky545 said:
Yea to get is started but I will not do business w/o speaking w a person at least via phone... you can tell a lot about a person by the way they carry themselves through out a phone conversation... if you end up sounding like joker from the dark night I will not go through w the trade lol
Oh yea thats fine with me i definately understand where you are coming from ill text you now

·
Registered
167 Posts
I keep telling people about just deleting mufflers. Just stock exhaust all the way and replacing mufflers with pipe to the tips. My muffler shop did it for 70.00. Took my tips off my stock mufflers and welded them on the pipe. Sounds amazing. No Drone and great sound. At a car show, I had guys asking me what exhaust I went with cause they spent 2000.00 all together on theirs. Every single person was shocked when I told them what I did. They were all dropping to the ground to see it with their own eyes. There is no video that will show you the exact sound.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts