Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm looking for a simple tow hitch package to attach a bike rack so I don't have to deal with scratching the trunk or hood with the other two styles of bike racks. What would ya'll recommend for a simple tow hitch package?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
173 Posts
Keep looking because I've seen a roof mounted bike rack for our mustangs. I even think I saw the link on this forum....search it

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
173 Posts
Actually, I just looked at your older posts and you've asked this same question back in July of last year...

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why do you poo poo tow hitches? I'm just trying to keep from scratching and denting my car with the other types of bike racks.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Dude google it there's a company that makes a bike rack that's roof mounted via suction cup

·
Registered
10 Posts
I personally wouldn't hitch my pony but I understand your reasons. A class 1 hitch would be more than sufficient for what you want and the small receiver (roughly 1") isn't super obtrusive. Look for Trailer hitch shops or RV supply/repair shops that do welding/fabricating as I'm willing to bet you won't find anything off the shelf.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Just buy a ****tier car to do that. I surf , but obviously I'm not strapping boards to my car. What I did was buy an old Taurus Station which was perfect . I spent 1k and it lived 3 years maintenance free . We got an 09 Pontiac G3 for 3k and it's the perfect surf car . I know It's not much help , but please reconsider

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A ****ty car is not in my monetary play book right now

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Hitch Lookup for 2015 Ford Mustang Coupe, excl. GT350

I had one of theirs on my 2014. Install took maybe 30 minutes, it mounted good, couldn't see it unless you were looking for it. I had no issues towing my little single axle trailer with a quad or other stuff on it.

For a better deal, you can usually search the part numbers on amazon or other websites and find the kit cheaper.

I don't understand why most people flip out over making a car more usable. It's a Mustang, it's not special. It's not like the OP is trying to pull a 28' gooseneck with his Mustang. It's simply to move a bike.

·
Registered
557 Posts
You'd feel really ****ty if you regretted it and no one had recommended otherwise. If I asked for advice , decided against it and regretted my decision I would just have to accept it. He doesn't have to take my advice, I was just offering it. I know we don't drive Ferrari's but bike racks just don't belong on a sport coupe. They can fit and they will work , but I've come close to doing that and I'm glad I decided to purchase a beater.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm surprised someone makes a hitch, looks like a solid design and as the instructions show the installation is a breeze. Just be sure you don't pull the fish wire too hard, trying to retrieve the lost bolt and square hole spacer can be a nightmare.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I wouldn't feel the least bit ****ty about installing something and then regretting it. It's a hitch, it can easily be removed.

From Miata's to Z06 to 911 Turbo, a lot of people install class 1 hitches to trailer tires, tools and equipment to and from the track. Hell, I knew a guy who had a custom hitch installed on the back of his Ferrari F430 so he could tow his mountain bike.

I'm sure if a different vehicle were needed, the OP would likely have done that. Not everyone has the resources or the need for a utility beater.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Not disagreeing. I'm only mentioning because I was in the same shoes and wrecked the trunk on my 99 because my pedals walked themselves after a long ride and scratched the **** out my trunk lid. Different car , but anyways. Good luck with the hunting . Did not mean any offense

·
Registered
137 Posts
I did it already

Here you go.

Attachments

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Where did you get that specific one road dog?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Curt Trailer Hitch

Where did you get that specific one road dog?

Best price I could find was at AutoAnything. >$200

Attachments

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Awesome, I'll have to pick one up after I get back from my deployment

·
Registered
137 Posts
WOW

I didn't know I was talking with one of our Men in Uniform. Ask me anything, and be safe wherever you are heading.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts