Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my Rovos wheels put on in December of last year. Also had Ford supposedly sync my sensors. Even watched them do it. After they did that, whenever I would drive on the highway for over I would say 30 mins, the light would flash then stay solid until I turned the car off. Then I didn't have this problem at all for a few months. Recently it did starting doing the same thing again except now every time I start the car I get the indicator light. I'm starting to think it's bad sensor even though they are relatively new. Any idea?

2013 Sterling Grey GT/Brembo package/SR Performance lowering springs/J&M adjustable panhard bar/Roush axle back/AEM CAI

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Have you checked the tire pressure in the tires by any chance? That is what they're for.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I just dealt with the problem of the light coming on after a half hour or so of driving. I had to had the pressure in front drivers dropped and then sync them up, otherwise it would just come back on. You can try that, discount tire will do it for free. If it doesn't work then they should also he able to tell if a sensor is bad. Assuming pressure is fine in your tires(if you are lazy they will also do that for you but cmon lol)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
My 2013 started doing this the last month. A half hour on the highway and the light comes on. Checked and the tire pressure was fine all the way around.

Last time I was doing a 2 hour drive. It came on after a half hour, then turned off after 20 minutes. Didn't see it the rest of the trip. This happened the day after Discount Tire checked the pressure and it was fine, but they bumped all 4 to 35 lns since I had been driving 20 minutes to get there. But all 4 were at 33 when I got there. The light was out though, after sitting overnight, which has been typical.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guess I'll try to sync them up again and maybe go to dealership

2013 Sterling Grey GT/Brembo package/SR Performance lowering springs/J&M adjustable panhard bar/Roush axle back/AEM CAI

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Hey guys - A quick trick I've learned with them is to drop about 15-20lbs out of the front/driver side.

Fill it back up and take the car for a 20 minutes drive.

By doing so will essentially trick the sensor and reset itself.

Hope this helps.

Alex

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
I kind of have the same issues I can't sync a set of gt500 wheels/tires with the tpms in them from a 2010 svt
Because the TPMS valves are different on a 2011.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
You can buy a set of 4 OEM TPMS valves on Ebay for $44.00. You would just have to have the tires broken down and installed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts