Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, will a tuner from am also be able to stop the tpms light from coming on if you don't have the sensors? If not is there any other way? Thx

·
Registered
809 Posts
Yes, you can clear the code with a tuner. You should be able to do it yourself actually. Or you could just go to advance auto or autozone and see if they will clear it for you. Sometimes there cool about it but sometimes they won't make any change for you. If you have a SCT tuner then call SCT or look for directions on clearing trouble codes on the website.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
I've head of some shops reusing the oem ones right? Has anyone here done this?

·
Registered
809 Posts
it will turn it off till you load a new tune.

and yes, the TPMS sensors are reusable. however, if you have a real short tire you can crush them between the rim and wheel if you hit a bump just rite. some places that say there not reusable but they will sell you new ones are using your old sensors and charging you for it. just a heads up

·
Registered
229 Posts
When I got my first set of aftermarket wheels they already had good tires on them so I diddnt even bother putting the sensors back in then I ended up selling my oem wheels for my intake : ) and said oh well hahaha. Ill get a pic after work to show you what it looks like.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts