Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking About getting some wheels from AM soon but I dont want to pay all the money for tpms bc I have them on the stock wheels . Would. I not have to dis mount the tires to instal the tpms on the new wheels.?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yes. Your stock sensors are compatible with most after market wheels. You just need to buy a sensor re build kit. Check with your tire shop for prices. They are not that expensive. Good luck. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks also I was thinking of not installing the kit at all bc I check my pressure reg. anyways . Do you guys know if there is a fuse I could pull to make the light on the dash go away ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks also I was thinking of not installing the kit at all bc I check my pressure reg. anyways . Do you guys know if there is a fuse I could pull to make the light on the dash go away ?
If I was you I'll check first with the state vehicle inspection requirements. I understand that some states require, if you have TPMS, to be fully operational.

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
Hehe :good: Then be it that your tpms works via wireless signal, I don't know anyway you can fool the system into not triggering the low pressure light. You could pull the cluster and unsolder the bulb. I'd recommend you just pony up the cash and get another set of sensors.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lol dang . Sounds like I'd have to bc that light would bother me every time I got in the car.

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
Or you could put a pic of the girlfriend or wifey or stripper or... cat to cover it? Which ever your preference. :D

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haha that works too . Might better go with the pic of the wife a pic of the stripper might result in damage to the vehicle ?

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
curtin1991 said:
Haha that works too . Might better go with the pic of the wife a pic of the stripper might result in damage to the vehicle ?de02
My doesn't come on all the time, only when I drive say 25mi or so.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Just get a couple of sensors.

Why go to all the trouble and have to break your wheels down twice a year to trade the sensors when they are cheap enough to just buy a couple and stick them in your winter wheels???????????

AM sells them and you can use the AM discount on them. With free shipping it is well worth getting them. If you break one re-installing it you would probably kick your self for not getting one's for your winter tires anyway.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/tpms-sensor-2010.html

If you do not want to buy the sset up tool just go to your ford dealer or a tire store and they can adjust them for you.

Ronnie

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
If your just switching wheels, the sensors should move fine if theyre new. If one breaks, just buy the replacement. If your getting a second set of wheels/tires, get new sensors so you dont have to switch them out every time.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Why go to all the trouble and have to break your wheels down twice a year to trade the sensors when they are cheap enough to just buy a couple and stick them in your winter wheels???????????

AM sells them and you can use the AM discount on them. With free shipping it is well worth getting them. If you break one re-installing it you would probably kick your self for not getting one's for your winter tires anyway.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/tpms-sensor-2010.html

If you do not want to buy the sset up tool just go to your ford dealer or a tire store and they can adjust them for you.

Ronnie
I will only run one set more then Likely . Ill just drive my Mazda in the winter .

---------- Post added at 10:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 AM ----------

Thanks for all the suggestions guys

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No, I just bolted my old wheels an tires on. When the time comes to replace the tires, I'll add the sensors.
Ok . That's what I'm leaning towards doing . I hate to break down two sets of tires just bc of a light on the dash . I check my pressure all the time anyways .

1 - 17 of 17 Posts