Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 gt and I'm looking to get a tune... So what's tq good for? Some tunes have crazy tq numbers but the hp is not as good. So what should I do?

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
Tq is the low end grunt that gets you going and gives you that feeling being sucked into the seat. Hp is the high end portion that makes the car just keep on pulling.

Best way it was explained to me was to think of a ceiling fan. The blades spin fast but it takes a minute to get there. Then when you hit it with something or try to stop it, the blades slow down considerably with little effort. This is high hp but almost zero tq.

On the other hand, imagine the wheels in a wood chipper. They don't move very fast but the are very powerful and are extremely hard to stop. This is high tq and low hp

I hope that helps

·
Registered
68 Posts
Mustang32Bill said:
I have a 2013 gt and I'm looking to get a tune... So what's tq good for? Some tunes have crazy tq numbers but the hp is not as good. So what should I do?
Go for max tq for the street

---------- Post added at 05:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

And...torque is directly measured, while HP is calculated

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GrabberBlue5.0 said:
Tq is the low end grunt that gets you going and gives you that feeling being sucked into the seat. Hp is the high end portion that makes the car just keep on pulling.

Best way it was explained to me was to think of a ceiling fan. The blades spin fast but it takes a minute to get there. Then when you hit it with something or try to stop it, the blades slow down considerably with little effort. This is high hp but almost zero tq.

On the other hand, imagine the wheels in a wood chipper. They don't move very fast but the are very powerful and are extremely hard to stop. This is high tq and low hp

I hope that helps
So what's good for daily driving and messing with imports at lights lol

·
Registered
264 Posts
So what's good for daily driving and messing with imports at lights lol
Torque. My torque tune woke the car up pretty good. It just wont hook for anything.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
GrabberBlue5.0 said:
be careful with the street talk brother, not allowed on here.

PLEASE bring on the FLAMES!!!!!!
He is talking about the tree lights on the quarter mile in the track ;)

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Hp sells cars..... Tq wins races - carrol Shelby

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
GrabberBlue5.0 said:
be careful with the street talk brother, not allowed on here.

PLEASE bring on the FLAMES!!!!!!
I don't goto the track often so all hp won't really do anything for me... I like getting to 60 fast while merging on to the highway lol

---------- Post added at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

CorDog009 said:
Torque. My torque tune woke the car up pretty good. It just wont hook for anything.
You got a lund tune? I heard they make crazy tq numbers...

·
Banned
228 Posts
Mustang32Bill said:
Anyone using a Lund tone ??

---------- Post added at 11:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

Tune**
I was usin both
The Lund cam and race tune
Both tunes worked phenomenal...the cam tune was more of a idle and show car type tune that made your 5.0 sound really mean. The race tune really woke the car up
Especially with the high end....felt like every gear was making me sink into the seat more.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts