Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am just wondering if anyone would know about upgrading the TR-3650 or just going with the TKO 500? I have been looking into all this and I would like to get the TKO 600 but it's a 26 spline input and my current clutch is a 10 spline Exedy mach 600 so I would like to keep the current setup but I need a stronger transmission so I'm just wondering if upgrading the 3650 for 1,100 dollars or spending the money for the TKO 500 for 2,100 dollars? The big thing is I would like to be at least in the 550 and 600 hp so I need a transmission that will hold up to that abuse? Any info or insight would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
274 Posts
the tko 600 takes up to 600 ftlbs of torque and unless your build of 500 hp was built for more torque than hp the tko should be good for it

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok but the TKO 600 is a 26 spline and I don't really have the money for that trans. And a new clutch kit since my clutch kit has less then 8,000 miles so can you upgrade to tko 500 to handle more torque

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is their an upgrade for it to handle more or would the 600 be my only option or can you upgrade the 3650 with better syncros and shift forks?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So if I upgrade the 3650 or the TKO 500 it comes with the 26? I know you can upgrade the 3650 and keep the 10 spline but just wondering about the torque max would be?

·
Registered
434 Posts
10 spline can't take it, if you search you will find those shafts shear off. I have seen them break on cars with bolt-ons and slicks

·
Premium Member
3,444 Posts
351mustanggt said:
is it the same as the t56 magnum?
Pretty much, they changed a few internals but not the gears. The t56 is supposed to handle 450 lbs tq and the tr6060 is supposed to handle 600.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So if you upgrade the TR3650 with the package does the max torque it can handle go up because I've tried researching as much as I can and guys have said they upgraded the TR3650 and have been running 550 to 600 ft/lbs and not having a problem so just wondering if it would be worth doing the upgrade so I can keep everything the same and not change my clutch kit to the 26 spline if I don't have to yet?

·
Registered
434 Posts
So if you upgrade the TR3650 with the package does the max torque it can handle go up because I've tried researching as much as I can and guys have said they upgraded the TR3650 and have been running 550 to 600 ft/lbs and not having a problem so just wondering if it would be worth doing the upgrade so I can keep everything the same and not change my clutch kit to the 26 spline if I don't have to yet?
Call the companys that do the upgrade and ask !

·
Registered
24 Posts
Go to promotion performance they build the strongest Transmissions out there. I have a gt and it has the t3650 in it and I upgraded the clutch input shaft and the line from the master cylinder. My car works perfect I race every other weekend and I launch my car at 5800rpm cut 1.61" times and on a full slick so upgrade it

1 - 20 of 23 Posts