Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i was trying to figure out whats the best brand short throw shifter for my 01 gt with the tr3650? Any one have photos of theirs in to?

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
MGW hands down..watch, this threads gonna flood with mgw lol

·
Lorraine's driver
8,210 Posts
I hear the Steeda Tri-ax is good too, but when finally break down and get one, it will be MGW. Very well engineered. :good:

·
Registered
704 Posts
I hear the Steeda Tri-ax is good too, but when finally break down and get one, it will be MGW. Very well engineered. :good:
The Tri-Ax is awful (ask me how I know...). It's noisy and uncomfortable.

MGW is hands down the best kit out there. It's the most customizable shifter I've come across. You can select exactly how long you want the throw, from factory to less than half factory. You can mount the handle facing any direction you want, which is excellent for especially short or long arms. You can even set how high you want it for that extra bit of torque on the handle when you decide to go rowing through the gears. The centering springs are the best in the market; it's all but impossible to miss third.
Mine is set as low as possible with the shortest, hardest throw. It pops into gear so there's zero doubt about whether I'm fully engaged or not.

·
Registered
991 Posts
I made the mistake of buying a used Hurst and I flippin' hated it. Put the stocker back in. So noisy I was afraid I was going to wreck my trans.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
mgw purchased from mgwltd.com (cant get it anywhere else I dont believe)

much better than the others out there

·
Registered
301 Posts
MGW from all the reviews I have read, I ordered mine yesterday, cant wait, but Im gonna have to change that gold colored handle. Probably just srtip the ano and polish it, leave it dull silver or maybe paint it.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
MGW from all the reviews I have read, I ordered mine yesterday, cant wait, but Im gonna have to change that gold colored handle. Probably just srtip the ano and polish it, leave it dull silver or maybe paint it.
most leave it under a boot so you never see it once installed.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts