Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! First post on here so I'm hoping you all will know more than me. I have an 06 4.0L v6 auto (first car, don't judge me, it was what I could afford at the time) that I'm now swapping the 4.6L v8, TR3650 manual, driveshaft, and rear end from an 06 GT into. I am upgrading things as I go but the end goal is 1000HP. I have a set of mirrored Nelson Racing 88mm turbos and the plan was to go meth injected and hopefully make 1k with that. But I now need to start looking at upgrading other parts like my transmission. Since this is a track car only I don't care about trans whine or comfortability, just bulletproof-ness. I'm hoping someone on here knows somewhere I can get Straight Cut gears for the stock TR3650. I've done 4 other builds in the past but they were all JDM builds. This is my first foray into American Muscle so any and all tips or advice about building high horsepower V8s is welcome.

Thanks!

Registered
Hey there. I definitely know it's possible, I just don't know where to get them. I recently got a TR3650 for my manual swap kit and it was from a company in Georgia who just sent me a random transmission from a parted out Mustang. The odds of me getting one from a 2001 Cobra were already slim but to have my transmission come from an 01 Cobra and straight cut gears was a blessing. I wish I knew where to get them but probably not sold as a kit. May just have to order custom cut gears with the proper ratios and measurements and have them swapped into your transmission. I'm just here to give you hope as it has definitely been done before. Good luck to you, friend 馃榾

Registered
Wondering if you hit 1000hp yet, and what you decided. I'm just a homeless guywith a 4.0L... but with my tuning, intake, exhaust, and the fact that I'm a mechanic who pulls my car in everyday, I've found my T-5 limitations.
Figured I'd let you know what limits I've hit from an autistic, engineer pov. Without charging I've hit the limits of the trans (300 ft-lbs torque) the sychros of the 2nd and 3rd gears has spun.
I added a single, heavy weight flywheel w/a new LUK 370ft-lb rated clutch: the power hit the drive shaft quicker. That lightweight castshaft couldn't take the original 300ft-lb limit. It's broken down. It's made of aluminum and cast, it hits "resonance" @ 2900 rpm now. Over 100k on the original shaft, of course.
Replaced all my fluid w/ full synthetic, running K&N filters and CAI with 2-1/4" Mbrp H-pipe dual system. Steel harders: helped DRAMATICALLYwith heat dissipation!!!! Cut vents into my pealing aluminum hood. Doesn't look good, works great. Used steel exhaust tubing to make intake duct from the front of the car: reduced my intake temps on the CAI.
Lowering springs on original shocks: rides not great, but definitely tighter on corners regardless. Did get adjustable camber bolts and pan-hard bar, with alignment and rear 1" spacers. No rear sway bar yet: still had PHENOMINAL results in handling and cornering improvemnets.
Double-clutch on my 93 Bama tune, and rev-match on my 87 tune. High flow single mid-pipe cat. The sound is loud, but ferocious. I get respect on the road for a V-6, from V-8 boys, for my response and clean acceleration, even with spun gears.
The driver, and thought in performance and labor, beats money and factory power any day.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts