Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im going to the track this sunday in gainesville florida and this will be first time with my 05 5 speed gt.....any launch point tips ill be on stock 17 inch pirellis. Ive heard launching at 2-2500 will be best w.o getting wheel hop. Just wondering if anyone could tell me where tgey launched at or a good suggestion would be?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
510 Posts
BlacknRed05gt said:
Hey guys im going to the track this sunday in gainesville florida and this will be first time with my 05 5 speed gt.....any launch point tips ill be on stock 17 inch pirellis. Ive heard launching at 2-2500 will be best w.o getting wheel hop. Just wondering if anyone could tell me where tgey launched at or a good suggestion would be?
Ay post on how the track is and how strict they are. I've been going to Orlando Speedworld in Bithlo but there's been rumors of them closing down after this year. Anyway, yea those rpms should be fine. Take your time on your first pass, you'll probably be nervous. 80% of the pass is in the first 60 feet. It's hard to get down, I'm still working on mine after 25ish passes. You're probably only gonna need three gears, unless you're an ******* like me and got 410s lol. Best advice I can give you is to drive that thing like you're trying to brake it. As far as wheel hop goes, I normally only get it when I'm cleaning the tires. DO NOT go through the water box! If you do you will look like a Honda kid and all the other mustang guys will kick you're ass lol.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OneSick07 said:
Do u have anything done to it?
93 octane tune and axleback

---------- Post added at 08:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

muscledom said:
Ay post on how the track is and how strict they are. I've been going to Orlando Speedworld in Bithlo but there's been rumors of them closing down after this year. Anyway, yea those rpms should be fine. Take your time on your first pass, you'll probably be nervous. 80% of the pass is in the first 60 feet. It's hard to get down, I'm still working on mine after 25ish passes. You're probably only gonna need three gears, unless you're an ******* like me and got 410s lol. Best advice I can give you is to drive that thing like you're trying to brake it. As far as wheel hop goes, I normally only get it when I'm cleaning the tires. DO NOT go through the water box! If you do you will look like a Honda kid and all the other mustang guys will kick you're ass lol.
The track.is great! I was there last msrch and it was great i love it. And i really appreciate the advice i have a warranty and insurance so im driving it as hard as i can. Ill post track times as i run them. And yes im.avoiding the water.box at all costs.im shooting for 13.5-13.7 think it can be done?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
510 Posts
I'm not a great driver mind you, but my best is a 13.56 @ 105 with a 2.0 60ft. I have a CAI, long tubes, off road h, cams, flowmaster axelbacks, 410s, pro 5.0 shifter, and a BAMA 93R tune. Tires are 275 nitto nt555s. I've seen guys run lower times with less done power wise. They had stickier tires and suspension mods. I'm pretty sure with more practice I've got low 13s high 12s.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
muscledom said:
I'm not a great driver mind you, but my best is a 13.56 @ 105 with a 2.0 60ft. I have a CAI, long tubes, off road h, cams, flowmaster axelbacks, 410s, pro 5.0 shifter, and a BAMA 93R tune. Tires are 275 nitto nt555s. I've seen guys run lower times with less done power wise. They had stickier tires and suspension mods. I'm pretty sure with more practice I've got low 13s high 12s.
Id be more then happy with a 13.7 im gonna drive my ass off for it. I think i can really drive the car through to that
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,789 Posts
muscledom said:
I'm not a great driver mind you, but my best is a 13.56 @ 105 with a 2.0 60ft. I have a CAI, long tubes, off road h, cams, flowmaster axelbacks, 410s, pro 5.0 shifter, and a BAMA 93R tune. Tires are 275 nitto nt555s. I've seen guys run lower times with less done power wise. They had stickier tires and suspension mods. I'm pretty sure with more practice I've got low 13s high 12s.
Ya def tires, I run 13.6 with a 2.0 sixty foot spinning real bad into 2nd gear on street tires, 13.1 with a 1.9 60 foot with drag radials
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
510 Posts
BaSohol said:
Ya def tires, I run 13.6 with a 2.0 sixty foot spinning real bad into 2nd gear on street tires, 13.1 with a 1.9 60 foot with drag radials
Well that's good to hear because when I grab 2nd hard it kicks left quite a bit. I power shift 3rd with a bark and no slip in to 4th. My mechanic was telling me tires made a 1 sec difference in his ET when he bracket raced his nova when he was in high school. I plan on getting new wheels and tires after Xmas and Mickey ET streets are in the plan.

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 PM ----------

BlacknRed05gt said:
Id be more then happy with a 13.7 im gonna drive my ass off for it. I think i can really drive the car through to that
With the way the weathers been I'd guess you'll see low 14s. But who knows. Definitely post your slips though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,789 Posts
I still have a lot of room to improve ill hit 12s with my current setup
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
292 Posts
BlacknRed05gt said:
Hey guys im going to the track this sunday in gainesville florida and this will be first time with my 05 5 speed gt.....any launch point tips ill be on stock 17 inch pirellis. Ive heard launching at 2-2500 will be best w.o getting wheel hop. Just wondering if anyone could tell me where tgey launched at or a good suggestion would be?
Hey look for me on Sunday. I will be in my 2004 cobra. It's a screamin yellow convertible. Gotta whoop some import @$$. Lol

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

BlacknRed05gt said:
Hey guys im going to the track this sunday in gainesville florida and this will be first time with my 05 5 speed gt.....any launch point tips ill be on stock 17 inch pirellis. Ive heard launching at 2-2500 will be best w.o getting wheel hop. Just wondering if anyone could tell me where tgey launched at or a good suggestion would be?
Also when I had my 07 gt I launched around 2700 with drag radials and a good burnout.

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

BlacknRed05gt said:
93 octane tune and axleback

---------- Post added at 08:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------



The track.is great! I was there last msrch and it was great i love it. And i really appreciate the advice i have a warranty and insurance so im driving it as hard as i can. Ill post track times as i run them. And yes im.avoiding the water.box at all costs.im shooting for 13.5-13.7 think it can be done?
I'm not the greatest driver but the best I could hit was a 13.9 and that was with jlt cai, bbk tb, ford racing intake manifold, xpipe, flow masters, and drag radials. Don't expect too much in the form of track prep in Gainesville. They aren't known for an awesome track prep there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
292 Posts
muscledom said:
Dude I got smacked by a civic last Friday, which is a rarity lol. I was really bummed until I realized he had a chute... Lol
You can make some serious power in a civic if you spend the money right. There will a bunch running tens at ifo Sunday.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
frank07stanggt said:
You can make some serious power in a civic if you spend the money right. There will a bunch running tens at ifo Sunday.
All my buddies are in imports lol im surrounded but im determined to kick some ass!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,627 Posts
My uncle just picked up a 2012 wrx... damn that think is nasty! No way stock for stock w like drivers could 05-09 gt out perform that thing in all around performance ie braking,cornering, acceleration... not sure why I felt the need to tell you all this lol

ForumRunner_20121001_215333.png
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,187 Posts
Silversky545 said:
My uncle just picked up a 2012 wrx... damn that think is nasty! No way stock for stock w like drivers could 05-09 gt out perform that thing in all around performance ie braking,cornering, acceleration... not sure why I felt the need to tell you all this lol
Thats what I want for a DD
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
Ay post on how the track is and how strict they are. I've been going to Orlando Speedworld in Bithlo but there's been rumors of them closing down after this year. Anyway, yea those rpms should be fine. Take your time on your first pass, you'll probably be nervous. 80% of the pass is in the first 60 feet. It's hard to get down, I'm still working on mine after 25ish passes. You're probably only gonna need three gears, unless you're an ******* like me and got 410s lol. Best advice I can give you is to drive that thing like you're trying to brake it. As far as wheel hop goes, I normally only get it when I'm cleaning the tires. DO NOT go through the water box! If you do you will look like a Honda kid and all the other mustang guys will kick you're ass lol.
Gainsville's prep is no better than Bithlo homie... The only time Gainesville's track is prepped and worked well is when a big NHRA Show is there. Bithlo is about the same. I think the launch pad at Bithlo is actually better. Bradenton has a good track as well. Cleaner than either Gville or Orl.

---------- Post added at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 PM ----------

Bithlo is also 20/25 minutes away lol.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
510 Posts
WtFDiesel said:
Gainsville's prep is no better than Bithlo homie... The only time Gainesville's track is prepped and worked well is when a big NHRA Show is there. Bithlo is about the same. I think the launch pad at Bithlo is actually better. Bradenton has a good track as well. Cleaner than either Gville or Orl.

---------- Post added at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 PM ----------

Bithlo is also 20/25 minutes away lol.
Haha no doubt. Yea Bradenton is waaayyyyyy to far for me lol. I'm out in Pierson, which is kinda between Gainesville and Bithlo. What's it cost to get in at Gville?
 
1 - 20 of 92 Posts
Top