Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
I'm wondering what y'all's S197's are running with what mods & tires? Let me know!
13.3 with CAI/tune and 4.10s on a 235 all season

13.1 with CAI/tune off road Xpipe and 410s, 275 ET streets it was a crappy day, the DA was really high and only got a few runs so I never got a good launch dialed in

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
13.3 with CAI/tune and 4.10s on a 235 all season

13.1 with CAI/tune off road Xpipe and 410s, 275 ET streets it was a crappy day, the DA was really high and only got a few runs so I never got a good launch dialed in
That's not bad! Did those 410's make a good difference?

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Ya I the biggest, my buddy has a 08 with a Bama tune/CAI and headers, I smoke him at the track, he runs like 13.6, he starts catching up on the big end but I'll dust him bad outta the whole

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya I the biggest, my buddy has a 08 with a Bama tune/CAI and headers, I smoke him at the track, he runs like 13.6, he starts catching up on the big end but I'll dust him bad outta the whole
That's good to hear! My next mods are Mickey Thompson ET streets & 410's! I can't wait to hit up the track!

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
With those ET Streets, you can see 12s easily.

As for the OPs question.

13.3 on 4.10s, CAI and bama tune 2.0 60' foot.

13.1 when switching from my bald 17s to my 18x10s with Nitto 555.

12.871 @ 108.08 with a 1..873 60' intake/headers/4.10/bama tune

·
Registered
81 Posts
I got bama tune, CAI, and throttle body spacer (gotta get that extra 2 HP lol) and wide 20inch tires on the back for extra grip.

What u guys think I would run in 1/4 mile?

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
I got bama tune, CAI, and throttle body spacer (gotta get that extra 2 HP lol) and wide 20inch tires on the back for extra grip.

What u guys think I would run in 1/4 mile?
What kind of tires and size? TB spacer helps throttle response only but that can be done with the Bama tune so it is dead weight.

·
Registered
81 Posts
What kind of tires and size? TB spacer helps throttle response only but that can be done with the Bama tune so it is dead weight.
The throttle body spacer was on it when I bought it. I wouldn't have done it. And my tires are 275 Nittos I think.

---------- Post added at 05:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

I just looked. They are toyo tires

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
The throttle body spacer was on it when I bought it. I wouldn't have done it. And my tires are 275 Nittos I think.

---------- Post added at 05:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

I just looked. They are toyo tires
What toyo tires are 20 inch wide? Lol. I think you're mistaken? My 275 tires are barely 10 inches.

·
Registered
451 Posts
austinmueller99 said:
Shoot, I meant they're sitting on 20 inch rims. Sorry I wasn't clear.
20's will probably slow you down a little but not a whole lot.

Op

Best time was a 13.3 1.9 60 with O/R X axle back airaid CAI and bama tune

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
20's will probably slow you down a little but not a whole lot.

Op

Best time was a 13.3 1.9 60 with O/R X axle back airaid CAI and bama tune
20s are dyno proven to lose up to 15 WHP. Then the loss of torque as well plus wieght is good for .2 or .3 tenths which is an enormous loss.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What do y'all think ill run when I get my new mods. So far performance wise I got c&l racer intake, bbk tb, frpp hot rod cams, bama tune, & magnaflow x pipe high flow cats. Muffler delete

New mods will be:

1 3/4 stainless works headers, o/r x pipe (just purchased today)

410 gears
Mickey Thompson ET streets on factory 17' wheel & factory wheels up front to trim some weight.

·
Registered
81 Posts
What do y'all think ill run when I get my new mods. So far performance wise I got c&l racer intake, bbk tb, frpp hot rod cams, bama tune, & magnaflow x pipe high flow cats. Muffler delete

New mods will be:

1 3/4 stainless works headers, o/r x pipe (just purchased today)
410 gears
Mickey Thompson ET streets on factory 17' wheel & factory wheels up front to trim some weight.
High 12s. Maybe 12.5 depending on launch.

·
Registered
16 Posts
In have Ford Racing CAI, BBK Twin 62mm Throttle Body, and I ran 13.3 last trip to the track. Since then I got a Bama tune, Kooks SS LT headers, and Borla cat backs… Haven't had a chance to make it back yet…

1 - 20 of 35 Posts