Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i was going to fill up, driving about 20mph and went to brake and suddenly my car vibrates and TC light flashes on and off for about 5 secs. Any ideas or TSB on this? Are my brakes out of whack? Problem is gone now

·
Registered
108 Posts
Ok so i was going to fill up, driving about 20mph and went to brake and suddenly my car vibrates and TC light flashes on and off for about 5 secs. Any ideas or TSB on this? Are my brakes out of whack? Problem is gone now
Could be a hiccup with your ABS system. Any DTCs registering?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Could have hit a wet/oil spot, hit bumps in road while braking, or possibly run over an object(stick or rock) just as you were braking. All of these would cause that to happen because one wheel would totally stop momentarily as it slid or bounced making the ABS system think it was locking up. Then when it came back into contact with the road, your pedal would pulse because the system was active for just that moment.

·
Registered
374 Posts
My 2012 Gt did that a couple of times!! I'll be just cruising about 40mph and notice that my traction control light will show that my traction control is off and also shows that my wheels Are spinning.. But I don't feel anything different

·
Registered
20 Posts
My car does the same thing for this certain hill at work every once in awhile...always assumed it was just the road lol

·
Registered
72 Posts
Sound like an ABS action to me. Your car is perfectly fine, that usualy happens when you are braking and your tires slides, could be an oil in the ground or something slippery.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
My car does the same thing for this certain hill at work every once in awhile...always assumed it was just the road lol
My car does it on the hill I live on because the company that paved it didn't know what they were doing and the road is a mess. I just turn traction control off and go up it.

·
Registered
571 Posts
My moms vw jetta will do that when it rains, what it is for it is a sensor for the abs that acts up when it gets wet. I know it is a mustang but it might give you an idea.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts