Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If something in the advancetrac system fails, both traction control, stability control along with ABS will be fully disabled at all times until whatever failed is fixed. I know this ... it happened to me... twice. Also, advancetrac doesn't care if you have a flat tire or drag radials with no TPMS system in it... you can still turn off traction and stability control and if both are turned on, it will continue to function with no issues.
How’d you fix it ? I have the abs , traction control, and stability control lights on 24/7. Says tire pressure monitor fault and service advancetrac ?

·
Administrator
1,433 Posts
Welcome and thank you for joining MustangEvolution!
Please read the Site Rules if you haven’t already.
I encourage you to complete your Account Settings.
If you need help posting? Please read this FAQ.

We’re happy you’ve chosen to join our community.

Someone will be along shortly to offer advice.

·
Tech Advisor
2014 Premium GT, SGM, Brembo, Auto, Tech, Comfort
3,193 Posts
With this many synchronous warnings, I think the problem is probably beyond a single fault, if it's an actual problem with those systems. You need a proper diagnosis and that means some dealer time. Basic code reading could tell you something, as the dash will light up all the warning lights if the dash itself loses comm with the Body Control Module.

Reactions: crjackson

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
How’d you fix it ? I have the abs , traction control, and stability control lights on 24/7. Says tire pressure monitor fault and service advancetrac ?
This was resolved by my dealership under warranty .. one of the few things that they were able to fix. I asked what the issue was and in my case, both times it ended up being a failed sensor on the rear end. I was unable to get any more information than that. I believe it was a failed ABS wheel speed sensor.

If you have a code reader or can get a code read, it might point you in the right direction. You can also look into getting Forscan, that will tell you exactly what it is.

Lastly, from other friends who have owned 11 - 14 Mustangs, one also had this issue as well and the ABS wheel speed sensors did not resolve the issue. His issue was he had full aftermarket exhaust and somehow the new exhaust would contact the wiring for the sensors and over time, had melted the wires. His issue was sporadic at first and continuously worsened until it was always failed. He said running down that wire was a giant pain.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This happened to me the other day, it was a fuse. I am trying to figure something else out that’s wrong and in desperation said to myself let’s try this and see what happens lol pulled train fuses to see if they were ok etc I was irritated when doing it and I didn’t push one in all the way back in. After I pushed the fuse in all the way those issues went away 😂 that said a blown fuse could do it too. Good luck hope you figure it out .

·
Registered
931 Posts
I’ll confirm the abs sensor issue. I broke one swapping axles? Brakes? Something. Anyway. Had all the lights on and traction control wouldn’t turn off. Once I replaced the sensor, all was good.

·
Registered
5 Posts
As for disabling the traction control, I've researched the problem and come up with a fix. Turning off the buttons with your foot on the brake does nothing. Ford lied. The traction control is always on running in the background and will come on when it sees parameters outside of its programming. It's one of reasons you see so many car crash videos of Mustangs crashing leaving car shows. To fix problem you have to break the CAN bus high signal from the traction control module to the ABS module. The CAN bus wires are a twisted pair of white wires in the ABS harness. The white wire with the blue stripe is the Can Bus high signal. Splice this wire to a switch or water proof connector. When open, the traction control module cannot activate the ABS module. The ABS will work but the traction control will be off.

·
Tech Advisor
2014 Premium GT, SGM, Brembo, Auto, Tech, Comfort
3,193 Posts
I did exactly that in a different way on my last Coyote. I tapped the 5 amp fused check circuit in the inside fuse panel, installed a microswitch under the dash and then I turned it off at the dragstrip to make life easier in staging. It would throw an IPC connection code and turn all th lights on but, worked as intended.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts