Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question for all of you out there with traction control or those of you who are electrically talanted (unlike me). I drive with traction control off 99% of the time and i hate having to turn it off every time i start the car. Is there a way to re-wire it so it is off when the car is started and is only activated when i turn it on? It would make life sooo much easier.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
Im sure its the design of the swith, if you replaced the switch with a fog light swith for instane, and just put the button cover on the new switch it might just work as an on and off switch.... I would definatly inquire farther though just in case, and im sure being of that design it might have more than the normal 3 wires....

I wonder if completing the circuit turns the t. control off... or if cutting the curcuit turns it off....

·
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
7,212 Posts
greenpony02 said:
I have a question for all of you out there with traction control or those of you who are electrically talanted (unlike me). I drive with traction control off 99% of the time and i hate having to turn it off every time i start the car. Is there a way to re-wire it so it is off when the car is started and is only activated when i turn it on? It would make life sooo much easier.
There is a way to do it mechanically I think. But, I also know that the flash tuners out there (Diablo, etc) are able to set this to off by default. I know I look forward to turning mine off when I get my Diablo.

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Smurfin said:
I know I look forward to turning mine off when I get my Diablo.
I know it's a major PITA. Well thanks for the help anyways i'll check the back of the switch some time and see have many wires are there and go for there.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Shoot an e-mail to 5.0 mustangs ans fast fords magazine. I saw a little device they fewtured in the new gear sectiont that went between the switch and the wiring harness that leaves it in the position it was last in. I'm sure they'll know what you're talking about.

If you find it, post a link to it, as I'm sure there are alot of others who'd want one.

Personally, I just got used to hitting the button as I'm putting it in gear.

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the help all :)

·
Registered
676 Posts
i dont have traction control which sucks sometimes with these shity stock tires

·
Registered
296 Posts
quick question... what does that trac control do ?> i have it in my 03' auto and i dont really know what it does? why would you want it off as opposed to on?

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
charkelly9 said:
quick question... what does that trac control do ?> i have it in my 03' auto and i dont really know what it does? why would you want it off as opposed to on?
Basically, it robs power. When the computer senses your tire slipping, it takes power from it until it stops spinning.

·
Registered
517 Posts
The only thing good about it, is if someone drives your car & tries to get stupid they can't. They will never figure it out.

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Js281GT said:
The only thing good about it, is if someone drives your car & tries to get stupid they can't. They will never figure it out.
:yup: very true (my friend always steals my car)

·
Registered
66 Posts
When driving in snow I noticed the light will come on for the Trac control when it is activated.I'm confused here,how do I turn it off?If you push the switch in at start up...the light comes on.Right?

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
light on = trac control off

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
I don't have t/c, but wouldn't the light come on when it is being used as well? Like not one with the litttle / through it, but just a spinning tire or whatever the symbol is. Like, if you were to try and do a fishtail, the light come on when it is in use?

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
the light on the instrument panal comes on when it activates but the light on the switch means it is off

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
greenpony02 said:
the light on the instrument panal comes on when it activates but the light on the switch means it is off
Ah got ya, so if you cut it off, the light on the switch comes on. Got ya

1 - 20 of 29 Posts