Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2014 5.0 Gt Premium with every single available option, from gps to brembos to custom leather stripes from the factory to the shaker pro... You name it I got it... is it worth it to trade it in for the new 2015 5.0 ???? Its in perfect condition. I love this car like my baby but the 2015 is stuck in my head.. any suggestion would be greatly appreciated..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
997 Posts
If I were you I would wait at least one model year and let some bugs get worked out.

Couldn't have said it better my self, never buy the first production year of a brand new car. Look at what they did for the gt's from 2010 to 2011 replaced the 4.6 with the 5.0 I would have been pissed at myself for buying a 2010 gt then they release the 5.0 lol

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'm in the same boat, but I have a 2012 with 10k miles. I'm going to put as little miles as possible between now and mid 2015. If I like the 2015 in person I may trade for a 2016 after any bugs are worked out..

·
Registered
111 Posts
Since we are on the subject of the 2015, forgot to ask.. Any one heard they are going to 500 hp in the 2015??

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Sure you can trade in. Dumb financial decision though.

Sent from my massive johnson.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Yeah you'll take a big hit on value, if you don't care about that, then no matter, but I'd wait till 2016 too. I haven't heard 500hp, and highly doubt it, as Ford said at the unveiling that it will "produce more than 420hp." I wouldn't expect more than 450hp at most, and honestly I'd expect 430hp, to keep it below the 440hp the Boss was. I'm sure it'll definitely be a better power curve and what not, just like when Chevy went from the LS2 to the LS3; it was only a 30hp bump, but apparently it was very useable and noticeable. Who knows though, with all the carry over parts they're using from the Boss, it could be more, but I don't think anywhere near 500hp.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I have always liked Camaros and when they brought it back out, the first 2 years sucked, had all kinds of problems. Even now, I drove a new one before I bought the mustang and it really disappointed me, the mustang is sooooo much better. Anyway, like the guys said, never buy a completely new design in the first year. I would wait till like 2017. If the 15 grows on me by then, my 13 will be payed down a lot and maybe I'll just pick up the 17 and keep the 13.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
These decisions are far more heart than head, let's face it. There is no defensible financial argument to do this. You paid big bucks for your loaded, car, will take a huge hit on trade in and will have lost even the minimal earned equity in the existing car.

That said, life's for living and if you want this, I'm sure Ford will happily accept you money and awesome trade in.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Same boat here, except I have the damn 2010 gt premium w/track pack. I have somehow only put 6500 miles on it and it is like new condition. But I think I'm going to wait until I can order the gt350, that looks like a sweet car!

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Buying any car brand new is a "dumb financial decision". Let's be honest though, we aren't buying these for future invesent returns...
I've never bought a new car and some would argue my cars are a decent investment...

That's just me though. Then again all of my cars are paid for and have been for years. Mods are much easier that way.

Sent from my massive johnson.

·
Registered
53 Posts
If I were you I would keep the car. You dont even know how to drive your current car.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Nice....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts