Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my mustang but really want to trade my 2011 Mustang for a manual one. Anyone know on the best place to do this? I’m getting bored with mine and want to do modifications to mine, but I feel like it’s useless.

·
Registered
8,244 Posts
Probably, the best way to accomplish this would be to find the car, with all of the options that you want, which is already for sale, and then sell your car and purchase the one that you like. That way you will have more choices like paint color, acceptable miles, condition, etc.
You might even consider getting a GT...There are plenty of Coyote-powered cars on the used market now. It would be enough of a power "bump" that you might not need to modify it for a while.

Happy hunting!
:thumb:

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I love my mustang but really want to trade my 2011 Mustang for a manual one. Anyone know on the best place to do this? I’m getting bored with mine and want to do modifications to mine, but I feel like it’s useless.
A car dealership. Take your car there, find one you like and trade yours in.

·
Super Moderator
17,800 Posts
Why can't you modify the auto? Any mod you do will make the car faster in automatic form unless its a strict corner carver. Get a good tune that firms up your shifts and then do the suspension. Only real power mods besides that is exhaust. Everything else is useless until you get into power adders.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I originally had buyers remorse for not getting a manual but after tuning my car I don't anymore. If I press the grade assist it raises the rpm's a little and when I hit the brakes about 1/3 of the way down going into a curve the car downshifts automatically. With light throttle through the curve it stays in that gear, allowing you to really pull out of the curve.

·
Registered
68 Posts
when I bought my Mustang, I knew I wanted to get it with a manual trans. They are simpler and easier to service. I enjoy going through the gears, holding my gears and down shifting (rev. match not just drop gears). I think it sounds better specially once you upgrade your exhaust.
Yeah it sucks during heavy traffic but I don't mind. Unfortunately with the MT-82, you kinda have to take an extra second to shift. A few times I've popped in the wrong gear and sometimes I go into reverse when I don't want to.... a nice short shift kit would be a good idea for my aplication.

·
Super Moderator
17,800 Posts
The stock MT-82 shifter is trash, get a MGW race spec.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts