Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been debating whether I should trade in my car for a Gt or keep my v6?? My friend convinced me into keeping my v6, but that Gt is all up on my mind:p well really all it is that bothers me about my car is that it's auto!/:

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Do research on all the little changes thats been done to the new 5.0 since 2011. Maybe, just maybe, they have it right now but i wouldn't bet money on it. The 5.0 came out a couple years too soon in my opinion. I'm not 5.0 bashing but facts are facts.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
The 5.0 and the 3.7 both had teething issues the first year. Any new design is like that. As time has went on, they've improved and the only issue I even heard about of significant importance was cylinder 8's going out. Generally related to aftermarket tunes being too aggressive.

3.7s have had both lifter issues and flywheel bolt issues in the '11MY.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The 5.0 and the 3.7 both had teething issues the first year. Any new design is like that. As time has went on, they've improved and the only issue I even heard about of significant importance was cylinder 8's going out. Generally related to aftermarket tunes being too aggressive.

Really all I want it for is the power :p you have a 3.7 right? And it's manual? How do you like it? Would you trade it in for a Gt?

·
Registered
285 Posts
I've been debating whether I should trade in my car for a Gt or keep my v6?? My friend convinced me into keeping my v6, but that Gt is all up on my mind:p well really all it is that bothers me about my car is that it's auto!/:
Idk too much about the new ones but driving a manual v6 compared to an automatic is like night and day I was contemplating getting a much nicer convertible than the car I had originally bought. But it was automatic so I went with the one I have now. I'd say go for it. Plus acceleration should drastically increase with the gt

·
Premium Member
14,477 Posts
If you want more power get a supercharger, but if you want a manual then you should probably sell it and get a different one... Honestly if i was you i would stick with the car for a while though.

·
Registered
78 Posts
If u do trade it in. Make sure this gt has everything you want and for the right $$. Make it worth your process. Now there are plenty out there to pick from. Supercharging is pointless unless you want to put 7 plus thousand into your car and kill the warrenty. Keep the money and put it towards the gt payment/mods. Yes the gt is worth it!! Try the gt auto in overdrive if you want more of a stick shift aggressive feel. Happy hunting!!

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
I say go for the gt the new 5.0 is nasty :$

·
Registered
78 Posts
Anyone wanting to upgrade there mustang v6 to gt to boss to gt500 should wait till the 15s come out. The prices should drop after that point and snag one up for a great deal. Unless you have the money to get what you want. I love my 5.0 and im waiting till the 15s come out and trade in on the new gt or shelby up

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Really all I want it for is the power :p you have a 3.7 right? And it's manual? How do you like it? Would you trade it in for a Gt?
No, because it doesn't make financial sense. I'd lose out on a ton of money and what not, but I'm realistic. I got a V6 cause I couldn't afford a GT, not because I wanted a V6. That said, the V6 is amazing and what these guys are doing with them on N/A and Turbo builds. The only thing you could miss not having a GT is the exhaust note.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Say no I have a v6 six speed highway drive 27 mpg and cheaper insurance...do gears and tuner for acceleration think are you really every gonna cruise 120 plus..daily driver man

·
Registered
97 Posts

I heard that about cylinder. 8 as well

·
Registered
97 Posts
Say no I have a v6 six speed highway drive 27 mpg and cheaper insurance...do gears and tuner for acceleration think are you really every gonna cruise 120 plus..daily driver man
Great point, I live in Germany and I don't cruise at 120, but I am on the audobahn daily I couldn't imagine what my gas monthly would be like in a gt.! My friend had an 09 that he modded and boosted. He loved that car, he is the one that talked me into a wix. Well he wrecked it, didn't want to do that work again and just bought a 11 gt. He said its great but he really misses his gas mileage. I bought a six because I would not be able to afford to mod a gt until I paid it off. Im making this car MY car. No one else has the same combo of stuff as me. There are so many gts here and they are the same. The only thing they add are axelbacks........so boring loud, but boring.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
If you can afford it then go for it if it is truly what you want. gas, insurance etc. make sure you do all the numbers. I had the 4.6 3v GT and opted for the 3.7 this time around because I wanted more of a daily driver car with better milage. This one will be paid off soon and I will get another GT as a project car and keep the 13 as a daily driver. That might be an option too for you IDK..

·
Registered
203 Posts
I would love to get a GT but Im in the same boat as the other's. Financially it is not the wise for me. But I do love modding my car, I'm a newbie but I am learning so much about my vehicle.

·
Registered
371 Posts
If you can afford it then go for it if it is truly what you want. gas, insurance etc. make sure you do all the numbers. I had the 4.6 3v GT and opted for the 3.7 this time around because I wanted more of a daily driver car with better milage. This one will be paid off soon and I will get another GT as a project car and keep the 13 as a daily driver. That might be an option too for you IDK..
I am thinking of doing the same... keeping my car as a daily driver. I thought of trading It in when the 15 comes out but it would probably be resulting in a lot of money lost might as well keep it and buy a new 15. I am hopping to get the shelby if everything goes well I graduate from college and get me dream job.

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
LIFE IS SHORT so GET WHAT YOU REALLY WANT !!

I have a V6 3.7 automatic and don't even ever think about trading for A GT. "BUT" if I wanted one I sure would not ask anybody what I should do. I would just get it. If you want a GT and can afford one just go ahead and get it. If you can't afford it just give up something else you spend money on like going out every night drinking or out to dinner dates and paying for Ladies meals etc.

I personally don't see any difference in the 3.7 and a GT because the 3.7 sure can run good when you goose it. Of course not as fast as A GT but still very quick.

If you really want one, Just go and get it.:good:

Ronnie

·
Registered
826 Posts
If you are looking to trade for a 5.0 there is more than just the payment. First you will go through tires, I know I drive ALOT faster than most and dont regularly rotate my tires but I usually only get 8-10k miles out of the set that stays on the back. 2 be ready for $120 oil changes every 3-5k miles, these engines take something like 8 quarts of oil so it gets expensive. 3 it is strongly advised to run premium, its not that much more but it is more. Finally be ready to be hit with modding bug immediately, while stock for stock the 5.0 is faster than alot there is alot thats not stock. These are really great cars and once you learn how to drive one you will never have more fun.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts