1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,578 Posts
Not most of the time. Trade in is a rip off either way

·
Registered
343 Posts
Most of the time you will get more money as a private party seller, compared to a dealership.

·
Premium Member
5,451 Posts
You'd be better off to put as much stock parts back on, then sell the performance parts outright. Must trade-ins get trade-in value. They rarely if ever, give extra for add-ons.

Or sell it privately. Then you can get some extra cash value for the vehicle.

·
Premium Member
25,510 Posts
most of the time mods either devalue the car or dont add anything, sell private party if you can

·
Registered
343 Posts
most of the time mods either devalue the car or dont add anything, sell private party if you can
Disagree. Unless you use premium parts (I.E.) ford racing, Shelby, SVT. Full exhaust won't raise your car but I can guarantee that if you use ford racing parts, it will slightly increase the value. Same with a turbo or SC, you can't tell me that doesn't add value? Lol :)

---------- Post added at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

You'd be better off to put as much stock parts back on, then sell the performance parts outright. Must trade-ins get trade-in value. They rarely if ever, give extra for add-ons.

Or sell it privately. Then you can get some extra cash value for the vehicle.
+1 always a good idea to keep your stock parts. That was if you sell it, you can swap the stock back on and sell the after market parts.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well now idk if I want to sell it lol. But my other idea was changing my v6 to either a GT or Cobra. Switching the engines and everything.

·
Premium Member
1,268 Posts
Disagree. Unless you use premium parts (I.E.) ford racing, Shelby, SVT. Full exhaust won't raise your car but I can guarantee that if you use ford racing parts, it will slightly increase the value. Same with a turbo or SC, you can't tell me that doesn't add value? Lol :)

---------- Post added at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

+1 always a good idea to keep your stock parts. That was if you sell it, you can swap the stock back on and sell the after market parts.
Actually on a trade a dealer prefers a stock car. They can't offer you more with a supercharger because it makes it more difficult to finance the buyer. The lending company won't factor in the after market parts and will approve the car for a loan as if it is stock.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts