Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Should I trade hoods with my dads friend for a Shelby hood?
Will it fit your car without a conversion kit?

For the 2011-2012 models, you need to have a conversion kit to make the hood fit. I haven't seen a 2013 shelby and 5.0 next to each other to see if the hoods really are similarly shaped.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will it fit your car without a conversion kit?

For the 2011-2012 models, you need to have a conversion kit to make the hood fit. I haven't seen a 2013 shelby and 5.0 next to each other to see if the hoods really are similarly shaped.
It's a 2012 Shelby hood... I heard it will fit the 13 gt? The Shelby's have don't have the long hoods that go over the grill I think..?

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
I'm not sure, your hood has the heat extracting vents to pull heat out of the engine bay, and the GT500 hood looks like it will help pull air through the radiator but not necessarily out of the whole engine bay. If you do swap I would say watch your head temps

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not sure, your hood has the heat extracting vents to pull heat out of the engine bay, and the GT500 hood looks like it will help pull air through the radiator but not necessarily out of the whole engine bay. If you do swap I would say watch your head temps
But the 10s 11s and 12s gt don't have heat extraction so would it be a problem ?

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
10's run a 4.6 engine that doesn't rev as high nor does it require the cooling that the 5.0 does. The 11-12 runs the oil jets for cooling the pistons, the 13's have the heat extraction vents but do not have the oil jets that the 11-12 has. With all of the cooling issues these coyotes have I would say that ford added the vents when deleting the cooling jets

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
This is a good point!

But the 10s 11s and 12s gt don't have heat extraction so would it be a problem ?
Might be. The 2013 mustang isn't really the same as the 2011-2012. That is my understanding. Just look at tuning the 2013s. They are still having trouble tuning them 100% no?

I could be wrong here, but it makes sense to me.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll just keep my stock hood I guess lol I don't want any problems with my car. Thanks everyone for the help!

·
Registered
1,171 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Dude you'll be fine. Get the hood. i think it'll look good.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts