Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has traded thier car in that had headers. If so what did they say.

·
Loc: Austin,TX
5,980 Posts
They said,"That is a really nice car,whoever buys it will be lucky".

They never said a word,just make sure you dont have a check engine light on and you will be fine. Unless.........you trade it into Carmax because they will want everything returned to stock.

·
Registered
915 Posts
I just traded one in with a cel, they never said nothing and gave me some good money down

·
Registered
472 Posts
Did u guys tell them what it had or did they inspect it? Is it recommended to tell them before they find out? I thought aftermarket parts lowers the value?

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LMNO said:
Did u guys tell them what it had or did they inspect it? Is it recommended to tell them before they find out? I thought aftermarket parts lowers the value?
After market does lower the price. I was offered $5750 for my 2005 gt premium vert in mint condition with less than 45k miles on it. I think I made a fool of myself with the language I used.lol

·
Registered
472 Posts
tc x 4 said:
After market does lower the price. I was offered $5750 for my 2005 gt premium vert in mint condition with less than 45k miles on it. I think I made a fool of myself with the language I used.lol
What do u think they would of given you stock?

·
Registered
984 Posts
tc x 4 said:
I was offered 3x that but with 57k miles lol

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LMNO said:
What do u think they would of given you stock?
I was offered $15,500 on line telling them it was stock.

---------- Post added at 04:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 PM ----------

I'm not giving it away, if nothing else I'll just have to make room for three mustangs.

·
Loc: Austin,TX
5,980 Posts
No one is gonna give you extra for aftermarket parts. Dealers could care less. I left everything on my 07 and they offered me $14k to start. I told them not gonna happen and they gave me 2 more offers which I declined. They finally asked what I would take and I told them $18k which they agreed on. The car had 45k on the clock.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
DDTCM said:
No one is gonna give you extra for aftermarket parts. Dealers could care less. I left everything on my 07 and they offered me $14k to start. I told them not gonna happen and they gave me 2 more offers which I declined. They finally asked what I would take and I told them $18k which they agreed on. The car had 45k on the clock.
I'm not wanting money for the mods, I just don't want my balls busted because I have them.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Dealers lower the price, I'll pay the same or a tad bit more for modded mustangs. Saves me money cause I darn sure wont keep a stock one

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Went to a dealer yesterday to trade for the 5.0. They never looked under the hood or mentioned the headers, other than saying the car really sounds good. They did however bust my balls for the 4.10 gears. The appraiser killed the car twice trying to test drive it. I once again regret putting 4.10 gears in my car. I was impressed with the ride quality, not so much the power. But then again I had a salesman in the back seat , didn't want him to scream like a little school girl. So the search continues.

·
Registered
881 Posts
tc x 4 said:
Lol

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
tc x 4 said:
I was wondering if anyone has traded thier car in that had headers. If so what did they say.
Depends on your area and the Fair Market Value!.. If your in a area that loves cars with aftermarket parts then your good!.. I know I my area there are several dealerships that will automatically offer about $1,500 over Fair Market value if you have like full exhaust and a tune!.. But like I said it all depends on your area!.. Happy Hunting!..

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Eturner said:
Depends on your area and the Fair Market Value!.. If your in a area that loves cars with aftermarket parts then your good!.. I know I my area there are several dealerships that will automatically offer about $1,500 over Fair Market value if you have like full exhaust and a tune!.. But like I said it all depends on your area!.. Happy Hunting!..
Is South Bend In. Considered your area, that's my next stop on the search.

·
Registered
472 Posts
tc x 4 said:
Went to a dealer yesterday to trade for the 5.0. They never looked under the hood or mentioned the headers, other than saying the car really sounds good. They did however bust my balls for the 4.10 gears. The appraiser killed the car twice trying to test drive it. I once again regret putting 4.10 gears in my car. I was impressed with the ride quality, not so much the power. But then again I had a salesman in the back seat , didn't want him to scream like a little school girl. So the search continues.
What do u mean by killed the car twice?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts