Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like we know the 05+ automatics don't have a dip nor a drain hole. How can I change it myself , the dealer charging me about 300 bucks for it... At one point I want to all the maintenance myself. I tried YouTube but could not find video showing me how too.
Any help will help me a lot.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, very helpful. I'll love to see a video first or someone doing it... Don't wanna do something wrong and regrets it...

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
can't be too bad...in my old GT i did a flush and fill on it (5speed) with no prior experience or a vid...just a step by step i found online...sure took me twice as long as it would nowadays but i pushed through lol

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think ima end up dropping the pan, new gasket,oil... I'm just going to have to figure out how to pump the oil back in

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
it says there's a fill hole on the side of the trans i believe if i read the instructions right lol.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I think ima end up dropping the pan, new gasket,oil... I'm just going to have to figure out how to pump the oil back in
I think its AM,,they have a new tranny pan with a dipstick,,im thinking of getting one for mine,,its also a little deeper so you can have a couple of more quarts in the transmission

·
Registered
294 Posts
there is NO fill hole in an automatic, the method we were forced to use once draining the oil was too use a hand transfer pump/ big syringe.. but ours has two hoses one to go in the trans and one in the trans fluid bottle.. was a little messy but did the job at 4 am.. aside from that in a pinch you could syringe some in and plug hole with thumb lol and repeat... what a mess !!! f my life
ford must have know they had a winning transmission...

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If I replace the pan and add the one that comes with a dip stick I won't need to pump the oil in right, just apply it on the dip stick hole

1 - 13 of 13 Posts