Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought my 99 Gt with 70k miles on it, it now has 84k miles on it.. I'm wanting to keep it maintained so next on my list is the rear diff service and tranny.. How should I go about doing both? I'm taking it to a shop but I wanna know what I should get done before going in.. I'm planning on putting royal purple fluids for
Both as well.. Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
Haven't done a rear diff, but tranny is easy it has a drain plug and flush it out completely. Then full it up with ford tranny fluid just use a pump.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haven't done a rear diff, but tranny is easy it has a drain plug and flush it out completely. Then full it up with ford tranny fluid just use a pump.
Is it ok to do a flush with my car having 84k miles on it for the tranny? I was hoping to use royal purple to fill it back up

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Auto or manual?

Also, for diff just have it drained, cleaned and filled. Make sure friction modifier is added with fluid to save clutch pads in diff.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is it ok to do a tranny flush even though my car has 84k miles on it?.. I was hoping to use royal purple fluid

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
Is it ok to do a flush with my car having 84k miles on it for the tranny? I was hoping to use royal purple to fill it back up
Yea I just replaced my clutch so while I was at it I did the tranny flush mine has 74k.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Auto or manual?

Also, for diff just have it drained, cleaned and filled. Make sure friction modifier is added with fluid to save clutch pads in diff.
It's an auto

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
It's an auto
I would recommend having the trans machine flushed. Not sure they'll be able to add royal purple, but it's definitely the best thing for your tranny to have it machine flushed.

If you drop the pan it doesn't drain the torque converter or the cooler lines.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would recommend having the trans machine flushed. Not sure they'll be able to add royal purple, but it's definitely the best thing for your tranny to have it machine flushed.

If you drop the pan it doesn't drain the torque converter or the cooler lines.
So when I take it somewhere what is it that I should be saying I want done to my tranny?

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
GP3GT said:
So when I take it somewhere what is it that I should be saying I want done to my tranny?
Yupp

1 - 11 of 11 Posts