Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys hoping to get some help here. I have a 2001 GT with TR-3650 transmission. Was driving it last night when all of a sudden while backing out of a driveway I was putting it in 1st gear and there was a terrible squeling noise coming from transmission and I could barely get it in gear. It's still doing it and there is a lot of play now in the clutch pedal. With it in gear with the clutch pedal pushed in it is still squeling and wanting to pull like the clutch isn't engaged. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Banned
2,785 Posts
OK honestly I have like ZERO experience with manuals ,but to me it sounds like your clutch is toast. Good luck

·
Registered
223 Posts
Might check your clutch cable, as they get older they stretch out and it might have slack in it. I had issues with my 87 GT like that, ended up needing to replace the clutch quadrant in my scenario, but I don't know if that applies to yours. Just an idea of something to check.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Check the cable first.

Unless the TOB completely self-destructed its getting noisy would not affect the clutch pedal play. Also when the cables let go they do it all of a sudden, throw-out bearings usually let you know they are not happy for weeks, even months, before they stop working...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just checked the cable. Couldn't find anything visibly wrong with it. While running and the cars in neutral, it will squeal off and on but as soon as I push the clutch in it starts squealing again. I was told if the squealing stopped when I pushed in the clutch it was the TOB but its completely opposite.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
The inner cable can brake and there will be nothing to "see" externally...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts