Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to do a auto to standard swap will a standard from the v6 bolt up to a 4.6 and if so what would I need from the v6 to bolt it into my gt

·
Registered
614 Posts
Burkeys96GT said:
I want to do a auto to standard swap will a standard from the v6 bolt up to a 4.6 and if so what would I need from the v6 to bolt it into my gt
The power from your GT would destroy the V6 tranny and make all your hard work a waste of time.
As far as bolting up to the 4.6l, no I dont think so, the bell housing on the V6 is probably going to be too small. Your better off finding a tranny from a GT and saving yourself the problems and work with the V6 tranny.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Burkeys96GT said:
From what year v6 are we talking about.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Burkeys96GT said:
Same year v6 my local junk yard has like 4 of them
I would just keep a look out on craigslist for either a 5 speed t45 or a tr3650. 3650 being the better of the two. It's made by tremec and they are bullit proof. also I believe a 6 speed t56 and tr3660 will fit the block but crossmember and drive shaft length might be different. input shaft to the motor might have a different spline also.

·
Registered
153 Posts
98MUSTANG GT said:
Got a question for guys out there with a 4.6L 98mustang gt bell housing I am looking for one if you now were to get one please tell me an no more than 200$ thanks
From the stock tranny. T45??? If not which one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts