Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a buddy with a 98 v6 standard. And i got an 01 auto. I want a standard and he wants auto. If I take both to a shop can they just swap them out into each other

·
Registered
25 Posts
simpler to trade cars. auto to manual you need clutch pedal mounted, all hydraulics, electronic differences, etc. manual to auto needs cooling lines,etc. expensive. maybe cheaper to trade.

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lol I Didn't mean it In a bad way guys sorry. I LOVE my sixxer . I'm even happy with the power. I used to own a civic so yeah, ricer days are gone. It would be nice to drive stick though more fun

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
last i heard Steven stopped making the j-mods, i mean it wouldn't hurt to contact him to make sure if that's the route you want to go, AM has a $80 template kit you can buy to drill out your own valvebody, same thing as a j-mod except you do it yourself

Performance Automatic Street/Strip Shift Kit (96-04 GT, V6, Mach 1) PA45416L - Free Shipping!

if you want to get serious into playing with your automatic transmission you can get a higher stall torque converter, for your close to factory application i wouldn't go over 2400-2600 range stall, since your factory torque is just at 2800 (never get a higher stall than your max tq) if you do this you'll need a custom tune, i wouldn't trust bama mail order tunes with this much... a real dyno tune would be the better route to go, also a good trans cooler is recommended with a stall as they tend to put off a lot more heat

1 - 13 of 13 Posts