Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Your best bet if you want a 5 speed is trade your car in. They make kits for the exchange but it comes at a price. If you want performance get a shift kit and even a Stallion Torque converter, all the bolt-ons and a Ford chip which will remove the speed limiter, raise the rpm limiter and really work well with the shift kit firming up your tranny also if you dont mind running 92 octane gas can even give you more power and torque.

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
www.midwestmustang.com sells the kit with tranny for 1000. He'll do all the work for you including the kit and everything else for 1500. hes located in kansas, hope this helps

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Yes but a 2000 Mustang if it is in good shape it could be traded for a 5 speed with a zero loss in money except in registration fees. The big thing is if there is emotional attachment to the current car. I kind of like my car I would not trade for equal. Hell that is just me !!!! ;) :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
AUTOMATICS SUCK

im having the same time over here. i am sick of this auto and i want a 5spd, but i love the V8 too much to get rid of it, and people know me as "that dude with the tbird" and i dont know enough about drivetrains and such to even try a tranny swap(although it has been done before on other birds, the V8 does not come with 5spd option as the SC tbird does) and even if i did swap it right making it from a auto to a manual makes it exempt in california so id be screwed. im looking for a 96-98 GT 5spd. i figure its about the same price as a 99+v6, insurance is gonna be a little higher but if im gonna pay 10G for a car i would want it a V8, but ill gladly pay 8G for a 99+V6 though.

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
yeah i would if i can ever find one i could live with. the best was a 00 silver v6 5spd. it had a holein the rear bumper(no biggie just get a body kit and paint) but it had 113k miles for 8grand, and my parents said fk no on cosigning cause they dont want another problem car, aka a ford. for me to buy a v6 over selling the bird, it would have to be one clean ass mustang, 99+ 5spd and under 70k miles.oh yeah and around the $8000 range. so yeah good luck to me :thumb2:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: AUTOMATICS SUCK

EclipseGSTdude said:
even if i did swap it right making it from a auto to a manual makes it exempt in california so id be screwed.
What do you mean by that? Im here in Los Angeles and am about to buy the parts to do the swap on my 96!??! :wtf:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts