Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says my 5 speed is whining. I'm thinking fluid. Any other suggestions before I drain and replace. Also what's a good oil for trans and diff.

·
Banned
422 Posts
Jar72 said:
As the title says my 5 speed is whining. I'm thinking fluid. Any other suggestions before I drain and replace. Also what's a good oil for trans and diff.
It could also be your throw out bearing, also known as clutch release bearing, when it starts to go it will start to whine or whistle. Does it change at all when you press the clutch down? Does it only do it at certain speeds?

·
Registered
280 Posts
A lot of tob posts in last couple of days. Mine has started squeaking for a few min after startup. I wonder if they are kinda of seasonal (go out at the first of summer and winter)

·
Registered
208 Posts
The tob will cause noise but it sounds like u just need to check the fluid first. Its the cheapest and easiest.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Finchms said:
The tob will cause noise but it sounds like u just need to check the fluid first. Its the cheapest and easiest.
I'm lookin at royal purple synchmax. Good or bad.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finchms said:
Im sure its good but never used it. I just use pennzoil synchromesh and it does good for me.
Sounds good. Last question I've read it takes 2.5 to 3.2 quarts. Any hints on this ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts