Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a leak on one of my quick connect fittings for trans fluid cooling on my 2012 V6 so went to add fluid and i do not see a drain plug on my transmission pan anyone else encounter this by chance? my pan looks nothing like the ones in the multiple videos out there
thanks

·
Registered
160 Posts
Auto or manual? Are you filling or draining?

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Auto trans 6 speed should be on the right side of the transmission towards the front of the pan but above it. On my F150 it takes a 19mm wrench and it is next to the exhaust so be careful and not burn yourself since it is supposed to be running when you check it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Auto trans 6 speed should be on the right side of the transmission towards the front of the pan but above it. On my F150 it takes a 19mm wrench and it is next to the exhaust so be careful and not burn yourself since it is supposed to be running when you check it.
thanks

·
Registered
160 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,269 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
no tiene tapon de drenaje. solo de llenado. Si te fuga, has de reemplazar la junta "reutilizable" y ya que estan y sacas el carter, cambia el filtro. Yo lo cambio con una bomba electrica, dejo que vacie al maximo el carter antes de desmontar, pero no tiro el liquido extraido, ya que luego lo junto con el que queda en el carter, para saber cuanto exactamente he de reponer sumandole 1/4Q y luego compruebo el medidor

·
Registered
160 Posts
no tiene tapon de drenaje. solo de llenado. Si te fuga, has de reemplazar la junta "reutilizable" y ya que estan y sacas el carter, cambia el filtro. Yo lo cambio con una bomba electrica, dejo que vacie al maximo el carter antes de desmontar, pero no tiro el liquido extraido, ya que luego lo junto con el que queda en el carter, para saber cuanto exactamente he de reponer sumandole 1/4Q y luego compruebo el medidor
Sorry, I can’t read that. Can you type it in English, please?

·
Registered
87 Posts
sorry, i forget to write in English..the transmision pain has no drain plug. filling only. If you leak, you have to replace the "reusable" gasket and since they are and take out the carter, change the filter. I change (drain) it with an electric pump, I let it empty the carter to the maximum before pull off it, but I do not throw the extracted liquid, since then it together with the one left in the carter, to know how much exactly I have to replace adding 1 / 4Q and then I check the meter

1 - 11 of 11 Posts