Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Any one else get blocked out of 2nd at a high rpm

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

MT-82 is known for high rev lockout of 1-2. Or 3-4. It's a geometry problem due to remote shifter design.

Here are 3 things that I did and I rarely, if ever get locked out.

1. MGW short throw shifter. also get the composite shift knob from them.

2. Whiteline Transmission bushing

3. CHE K Member Brace with V8 torque limiters. http://www.cheperformance.com

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
I have been doing ok with just the Barton bracket. I plan on the steeda transmission bushing as well. I just hate the pedal to the ground crap.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Motor mounts will solve the problem. This is not a problem with the transmission. The shift problem is just a symptom of the poorly thought out mounts for the engine and transmission. Steeda sells stiffer motor mounts, or you can buy a second set of factory mounts, drill them, and inject high durometer poly. A shifter does nothing to solve the actual problem, just bandages the symptoms.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Motor mounts will solve the problem. This is not a problem with the transmission. The shift problem is just a symptom of the poorly thought out mounts for the engine and transmission. Steeda sells stiffer motor mounts, or you can buy a second set of factory mounts, drill them, and inject high durometer poly. A shifter does nothing to solve the actual problem, just bandages the symptoms.
This makes sense, as my manual trans 2013 V-6 mustang shifts perfectly
all the way up to redline in any gear.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Only time I have ever been locked out is at 8k trying to go into 4th. From 1-2 shift at 7-7500 all the time no problem. Have you had the car tuned and had the skip a shift feature disabled?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Super Moderator
18,068 Posts
The MGW actually does fix the problem because it completely gets rid of the limp noodle U-joint shift linkage and replaces it with a rigid unit that stays in one spot no matter what the trans is doing.

For a trans mount fix, just install the Whiteline insert.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts