Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Usually its a problem with bearings or cable. Throw-out bearing lots of times. Pressure plate makes connection but just spins and burns up.
-What you experiencing?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Usually its a problem with bearings or cable. Throw-out bearing lots of times. Pressure plate makes connection but just spins and burns up.
-What you experiencing?
Well I had a new clutch put in, along with the TOB, flywheel resurfaced all that good stuff and 1 week after I had a squeaking noise. Took it to them, turns out the TOB was contacting the pressure plate apparently and making the noise. They installed a new one, and now it's doing it again. I also feel like I'm at a loss of power too but I don't know if that's just me.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I do know that Ford Racing throw out bearings are recommended for that very reason, quiet and reliable. Sounds like installation adjustments are needed. There is some cable stretching initially, but not enough to cause slippage, I don't think.
-If you look underneath the car behind the cover plate for the fork, you can see the throw out bearing in action, I believe.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I do know that Ford Racing throw out bearings are recommended for that very reason, quiet and reliable. Sounds like installation adjustments are needed. There is some cable stretching initially, but not enough to cause slippage, I don't think.
-If you look underneath the car behind the cover plate for the fork, you can see the throw out bearing in action, I believe.
I want to say that put in a ford TOB but I'm not 100% until I ask today

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So they said since it's not a bad TOB, they decided to just put a spring between it and the pressure plate so that when my foot isn't on the clutch it's not making the squeaking noise.

Also about the trans, I feel like I'm losing power in second..like if I step on it I feel like it's struggling somewhat

·
Registered
119 Posts
Manual trans have no clutches in them to slip so Sounds like you may have a clutch that is slipping. Watch your Rpms when you let out on the clutch all the way at the moment you think your losing power and give it a little throttle. If the Rpms go really high and slowly come back down then you clutch could be slipping.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Slipping clutch test: idle car in neutral, dump clutch in fith, if the car doesn't stall you need a new clutch. Could be the gears need to be rebuilt in second...

·
Registered
704 Posts
Slipping clutch test: idle car in neutral, dump clutch in fith, if the car doesn't stall you need a new clutch. Could be the gears need to be rebuilt in second...
I've always taken off in third with medium to heavy throttle to test my clutch.
In sure the fifth thing works too though.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's crazy because I just had it put in 2.5 weeks ago lol

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Was it a ford clutch? Yeah, don't think it's that, maybe bad installation? Try a different shop?
Yea it was. It's at a mustang shop, so I figure they should know what they're doing better than others tho haha

Oh today I was crusing in 3rd, and got on it quick and I actually did it hear it slip right when I hit the gas

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.