Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm gunna swap my auto trans to manual over the summer n I've read alot about stock t45 vs tr3650 but I still don't no which one would be better. I do have alot of work done so it is not just a stock car. Anyone have advise on which trans or if there's a totally different trans I cud put in that would work??

·
Registered
704 Posts
If you have lots of motor work as you say (meaning heads, cams, intake manifold, etc.) then you'll want a T56 or TKO600.
A TR3650 is the better of the two choices you put out though. The T45 is outdated junk.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea I no the tr3650 hav synco problems so I just want a trans that will hold the power good n not crap out on me

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
If you have lots of motor work as you say (meaning heads, cams, intake manifold, etc.) then you'll want a T56 or TKO600.
A TR3650 is the better of the two choices you put out though. The T45 is outdated junk.
I think a T56 would be sweet, or a TKO500 as well

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea I've heard a stock tr3650 has 3rd gear grinds if shifted fast and that's why alot of ppl rebuilt them. And does anyone no prices on tr3650 compared to a t56?

·
Registered
704 Posts
Yea I've heard a stock tr3650 has 3rd gear grinds if shifted fast and that's why alot of ppl rebuilt them. And does anyone no prices on tr3650 compared to a t56?
My TR3650 has seen its share of abuse and hard shifts,and it doesn't grind at all. It shifts like butter all day every day even with 120k miles on it.
The biggest issue with the grinding problem is if someone doesn't know how to drive it and they repeatedly abuse the synchros. There may be a weak link in the 3rd gear one, or it may just be that 3rd always seems to get slammed the hardest when people race. Either way. The TR3650 is a wonderful tranny and it's pretty unlikely that it will give you and trouble.

·
Registered
631 Posts
My TR3650 has seen its share of abuse and hard shifts,and it doesn't grind at all. It shifts like butter all day every day even with 120k miles on it.
The biggest issue with the grinding problem is if someone doesn't know how to drive it and they repeatedly abuse the synchros. There may be a weak link in the 3rd gear one, or it may just be that 3rd always seems to get slammed the hardest when people race. Either way. The TR3650 is a wonderful tranny and it's pretty unlikely that it will give you and trouble.
+1000 never have had any trouble from mine

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys, made up my mind gunna go with the tr3650 plus it is cheaper so hopefully it all works out.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's was gunna be my next decision, I'm not sure yet I was gunna look up n read about it n see which wud be better. Wat do u think

·
Registered
631 Posts
That's was gunna be my next decision, I'm not sure yet I was gunna look up n read about it n see which wud be better. Wat do u think
If you buy a new one that would be great man but never look down on having a rebuilt one i mean i have one, and if you get it rebuilt you can get the parts you want in it and parts that will hold up to your mods later on, just if you get one rebuilt make sure you get it done a reputable trans shop or a tech shop.. Like mine was done by nascar tech

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yea I get wat u mean ill just have to look into everything n see which wud work out better. Do u know any prices for how much a new one is or a rebuilt one costs

·
Registered
631 Posts
Yea I get wat u mean ill just have to look into everything n see which wud work out better. Do u know any prices for how much a new one is or a rebuilt one costs
I really dont know prices mine came on both cars i had, this one now is built for racing but it shouldnt be alot honestly.. If you rebuilt one it may would cost more because of the parts you would put in it ( cause i would put upgraded parts ) but i cant really give you a price

·
Registered
305 Posts
If u plan on doing ur swap let me know because I have the manual pedals I could sell for $100

1 - 20 of 35 Posts