Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So now that the 9" is in, what are my options on upgrading the trans? AOD is obviously a desire, but also better acceleration. Right now it's a C4, that was rebuilt about 3 years ago.

Chevy runs deep, don't step in Chevy.

·
Super Moderator
17,800 Posts
AOD is what I'd go with. Look up Silverfox transmissions if you want a good one.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those look awesome and close to $3k with options.
Where is Olerodder on this?

·
Super Moderator
17,800 Posts
Not sure if olerodder knows what overdrive is lol.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure if olerodder knows what overdrive is lol.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

That's possible. Lol

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What about shift kits? Is that a viable option to get some extra jump. I know it doesn't fill the overdrive desire, but might be a short term cheap option.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Shift kits will firm up your shifts but I just bought a new valve body from summit that already had one installed. I also got the shift servo thats on the out side of the trans and my car shifts pretty hard and crisp. I got all my stuff from

http://www.broaderperformance.com/32-ford-c4

and been happy with it. Also go the 500 horse rebuild it.

The only thing is with my six I'm cruising 70mph at 4k. So it might just be time to upgrade your trans rather than spend money on the c4.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Shift kits will firm up your shifts but I just bought a new valve body from summit that already had one installed. I also got the shift servo thats on the out side of the trans and my car shifts pretty hard and crisp. I got all my stuff from

http://www.broaderperformance.com/32-ford-c4

and been happy with it. Also go the 500 horse rebuild it.

The only thing is with my six I'm cruising 70mph at 4k. So it might just be time to upgrade your trans rather than spend money on the c4.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Thanks for the info.
Yeah I'm thinking the same for going AOD. I've got to get a new speedo gear to correct it. I don't think it's quite that bad at 70.

·
Super Moderator
17,800 Posts
Make sure with that speedo gear that the shop that builds your AOD uses the correct tooth drive gear if they don't already. I forget what the AOD originally came with but you will want the 6 if you are running taller than 3.73 or the 7 if you are running 3.73 or lower.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cool. I'll check that. Great information. Thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts