Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Does anyone know if the t56 6speed from the 03 04 cobra will fit in my 99 gt
It will but you will have to do a little work first. I believe you'll need a custom drive-shaft which actually isn't as expensive as you'd think. I got quoted around $75. As far as the rest goes someone else may can chime in, but it is definitely possible.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have automatic in right now and i know its possible to switch to manual but i didn't know if there was something different about the six speed and or cause the cobra has a 4valve motor in it.. i want the 6speed cause i have 410 gears and could use the extra gear on the highway lol

·
Registered
490 Posts
I have automatic in right now and i know its possible to switch to manual but i didn't know if there was something different about the six speed and or cause the cobra has a 4valve motor in it.. i want the 6speed cause i have 410 gears and could use the extra gear on the highway lol
It'll fit. You'll need a new pedal assembly, new clutch, I'm not certain on this but I've been told you'll need a new ECM too.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
many have went that route, you dont gain much in terms of performance (probalby lose some gearing is not as aggressive for acceleration), you do gain weight and strength to hold more hp/tq though

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I went from auto to manual in my old fox body and didnt have to change anything with the ecm... my auto trans shift real strong now but when it goes into overdrive it shifts funny....

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------

Your cobra trans is 5 speed isnt it...

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I really want a six speed.. whats the difference between your trans and one that would normally be in a gt

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I didnt know that or even think it would be a different pattern

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

Good good

1 - 20 of 20 Posts