Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The tranny in my 87 is ruined. Like the inside is all broken. Oceanside transmission will charge me 1700 for a rebuilt t5 rated up to 500hp. I don't know if I should do that or what..please help. Thanks
 

·
Pete Jones
Joined
·
781 Posts
Fiveohfox said:
The tranny in my 87 is ruined. Like the inside is all broken. Oceanside transmission will charge me 1700 for a rebuilt t5 rated up to 500hp. I don't know if I should do that or what..please help. Thanks
You could get a WC t5 from Jegs for less than that, what all is done to your car?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brand new 302, cammed, aluminum heads, cai, the whole engine is aftermarket it's pushing about 325hp
 

·
Pete Jones
Joined
·
781 Posts
Honestly, I've seen some 4cyl t5s handle a beating pretty good with a mildly built motor. Buddy of mine actually still has his factory t5 behind his 347 stroker that's been beat on an still going strong. But here is a link to the trans I was talking about but ultimately it's up to you.

Also a rebuild kit for the. T5 isn't too expensive if you know someone that's can rebuild tranny's for a decent price.

http://www.jegs.com/i/Ford+Racing/397/M-7003-Z/10002/-1
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,044 Posts
90mustangLX said:
Honestly, I've seen some 4cyl t5s handle a beating pretty good with a mildly built motor. Buddy of mine actually still has his factory t5 behind his 347 stroker that's been beat on an still going strong. But here is a link to the trans I was talking about but ultimately it's up to you.

Also a rebuild kit for the. T5 isn't too expensive if you know someone that's can rebuild tranny's for a decent price.

http://www.jegs.com/i/Ford+Racing/397/M-7003-Z/10002/-1
keep in mind: if something is actually broken like gears shafts etc, the rebuild kit will not supply that stuff.
 

·
Pete Jones
Joined
·
781 Posts
dreamstang said:
keep in mind: if something is actually broken like gears shafts etc, the rebuild kit will not supply that stuff.
That is true, never even thought about that.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top