Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I am in gear driving everything is fine but when I let off the gas while keeping in gear it bucks what's the cause? The gears are 2.73

·
Registered
58 Posts
I was actually googling that prob last night and came across this Forum and signed up. Mine bucks alot too since i have installed a FRPP Intake Manifold

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh really? Ok maybe my problem is that my car is untuned, like my dad and I put the engine in and I haven't tuned it yet

·
Registered
58 Posts
idk if that is what the prob is... I havent found an answer for my Bucking. Mine does it even while trying to drive normal. Unless I am accelerating it bucks...

·
Banned
422 Posts
It bucks no matter what speed you are going? Like cruising at 35mph in 3rd and it still bucks? I have heard of the TFI module on the distributor causing that kind of problem, it starts to lose spark and the engine wants to stall. How does it idle?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Does your idle surge? Not doubting the tfi, I went through that possibility too. I found several vac leaks when mine was doin that.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My idle only surges when it's cold but my idle could be because air/fuel isn't tuned and neither is my timing

·
Registered
493 Posts
I hear that. Mine was bone stock and I had just gotten it. Still might be a good and cheap place to start though. I had to delete my smog and a/c because of it. I live in a non emission county though.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I think mine bucks because its a Mustang... Stupid joke i know... lol. anywho my idol is fine and it seems to buck because it just wants to go. idk what my issue is, but hope you figure yours out. I dont think mine is a bad thing... i think it may be a combo of all the mods i have... then again, im no machanic...

·
Registered
143 Posts
Personal experience here, mine did the same thing. Changed the TFI module on the distributor and hasnt done it since. Can get an aftermarket module pretty cheap. $30-$35

1 - 13 of 13 Posts