Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 mustang GT that was just swapped with a 2004 Mustang gt Drivetrain, The 2004 Mustang GT drivetrain ran and shifted perfectly but one installed into my 2000 mustang GT the shifting patterns are all off and it says I am going 90 miles an hour at a jogging speed, The speedometer magnetic sensor was changed from the 2000 GT and installed on the newer transmission but still no luck the synchronization is all out of whack are these transmissions compatible? Or am I going to have to swap back to the original transmission that I still have. I only needed it for the engine but figured I would leave the 2004 transmission bolted to it matching engine to make it easier when installing

·
Registered
8,484 Posts
2000 cars came with the 4r70 transmission, and 2004 cars have a 4r75 trans. The 4r75 is the stronger of the two, so it would be nice to be able to use it.
I'm not sure if there is something that can be done to the tune to rectify the problem that you are experiencing, but it would be worth doing some research to find out. Perhaps a perfomance transmission shop that knows about Mustangs may be able to help you out.
I don't recall this subject ever coming up on this website, regarding swapping a 70 for a 75.

·
Super Moderator
17,968 Posts
Yes you need to change the OSS pulse count from 6 to 24 in the tune. No there is no other way to fix your speedometer. You need a tune. 4r70w which your car came with had the 6 pulse OSS, the 75w has a 24.

·
Super Moderator
17,968 Posts
Also spamming cross posts is not allowed here. If you have a question make one post in the appropriate section.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts