Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a Hayden Cooler on my v6, they shorted me on hose, and they shorted me a fitting, I am in process of installing a B&M super cooler on my GT, same scenario, not enough hose, and they shorted me a fitting, has anyone else experienced this? Where did you get the mysterious fitting, I got one I thought I could use, but it is leaking like a sib, so its gotta come off, I think I will do what I did on the V6, clamp the hose directly to the transmission line and forget it.:mad:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any similar experiences installing these things? What did you guys do?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, finishing touches were finally done yesterday and today I got the hood latch adjusted so my hood would close properly, When I took the radiator cover off and took another look I could see that the mount bolt holes were slotted so it could be moved side to side, I could also see the whole frame including the latch had been sprayed black after the latch was mounted, it was primed prior to this with grey primer, by looking at this I could see it needed to be slid left about 1/4 inch, once I did this and bolted everything down tight, also the bolts holding the latch itself to the mount were real loose, I tightened it all up and now it works at least as good as it ever did!!

As for the leak in the line, it was coming from the fitting I had screwed into the radiator, I took it out and added thread tape, this cured the leak. All seems well now.

·
Registered
574 Posts
My B&M one was installed in about 10 minutes and it's never leaked for the last 6 months.

Mounted it in front of the radiator. Two of the holes were pre-drilled. Drilled the other two, ran the line up and towards the drivers side and attached it to the transmission line fittings with supplied fittings and hose clamps.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
i was short on hosing also with my B&M, but i just went to the auto store and bought some fuel line and that fixed it right up. took me 15min to install

1 - 5 of 5 Posts