Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a automatic 98 gt. I wanna change the fluid in the tranny but I don't know if I need to change all of the fluid or just do there tranny service where I change the filter and like 6 qts. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
if its not changed every 25k or so then a full flush could be a good way to go, if its never been changed and the miles are high some say leave it be as the damage is done and it could cause slippage to drain out and replace with new fluid.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if its not changed every 25k or so then a full flush could be a good way to go, if its never been changed and the miles are high some say leave it be as the damage is done and it could cause slippage to drain out and replace with new fluid.
I have a little over 83k on it. Is that okay?

·
Registered
521 Posts
Don't do it. I changed my fluid in my 98 gt auto and it shifted good for about 100 miles, then slipped constantly. $700 later, and fresh trans.

·
Registered
881 Posts
My 94 V6 I had in 2005, ran beautifully, had 60,000 miles. Did a trans flush just for maintenance purposes, had issues with from there on out. Was always slippin. Was never the same.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts